Hehe I transmigrated to the past I'm gonna innovate like hell...

TotallyHuman

This is how I imagine this kind of story would REALLY go:
"I have transmigrated to the past! My knowledge of technology ahead of time will make me rich!"

"What do you mean I cannot get the start up capital for it?! This is amazing technology, you know? You are idiots for passing on this chance!"

"Somehow, I managed to secure the funds after all! What do you mean we are running into some unforseen technical problems?! This technology will be made in some 20 years! Wait, maybe it is because we don't yet have the industrial capabilities to make it... I need more funds!"

"God, it was hell to secure more funding for the research. But I did it anyway. I feel like I'm about to go bald from stress... What do you mean it is not taking off?! In 20 years everyone will be using it... probably because the environment will be different then. The business and consumption ecosystems are not quite right. Need more funding!"

"I am dying. I feel like all the stress is going to murder me. But I did procure the funding for a very strong PR campaign! My project is finally taking off! Mwahaha- what do you mean other companies are already making similar products?!! But I protected our tech from corporate espionage- what do you mean it's impossible to protect it from those large corpos on such a big project? But the licences- fuck they have made something just different enough to not fall under our licence?!!! And they are trying to push us off the market through aggressive tactics?!"

"I have officially shaved my head bald. There were too few hairs there anyway, holding on would be pathetic. But at least we have secured a somewhat good piece of the market"

Somewhere along the way as I was writing it I realised that it unexpectedly would make for a pretty okay story. You can use it if you like.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
"I have transmigrated to the past! My knowledge of technology ahead of time will make me rich!"

"What do you mean I cannot get the start up capital for it?! This is amazing technology, you know? You are idiots for passing on this chance!"

"Somehow, I managed to secure the funds after all! What do you mean we are running into some unforseen technical problems?! This technology will be made in some 20 years! Wait, maybe it is because we don't yet have the industrial capabilities to make it... I need more funds!"

"God, it was hell to secure more funding for the research. But I did it anyway. I feel like I'm about to go bald from stress... What do you mean it is not taking off?! In 20 years everyone will be using it... probably because the environment will be different then. The business and consumption ecosystems are not quite right. Need more funding!"

"I am dying. I feel like all the stress is going to murder me. But I did procure the funding for a very strong PR campaign! My project is finally taking off! Mwahaha- what do you mean other companies are already making similar products?!! But I protected our tech from corporate espionage- what do you mean it's impossible to protect it from those large corpos on such a big project? But the licences- fuck they have made something just different enough to not fall under our licence?!!! And they are trying to push us off the market through aggressive tactics?!"

"I have officially shaved my head bald. There were too few hairs there anyway, holding on would be pathetic. But at least we have secured a somewhat good piece of the market"

Somewhere along the way as I was writing it I realised that it unexpectedly would make for a pretty okay story. You can use it if you like.
For me it would be not knowing how to even make the thing, let alone all of the business stuff.

LilRora

Mostly formless
There was that meme. I don't remember where I saw it.

It went like, the programmers' credo: We did not do it because it was easy, we did it because we thought it would be easy.

I was really reminded of it when I read this outline.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
1685643350969.png

TotallyHuman

There was that meme. I don't remember where I saw it.

It went like, the programmers' credo: We did not do it because it was easy, we did it because we thought it would be easy.

I was really reminded of it when I read this outline.
Totally relatable

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

I'd be shocked if any none successful already person who transmigrates to the past doesn't just ends up wasting a 2nd life sitting on the couch eating chips. At best they might invest in some stocks they remember but that may also cause a butterfly effect.

Those who are capable can change their future starting today, most of us "will do it tomorrow"

melchi

What is a custom title?
I had an idea where a whole foundry gets transmigrated to another world and becomes a dungeon but everything is mostly broken so it would be try to get things working while adventures want to loot everything.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
That's why you have to have workarounds if you want it to work. Mainly with the language barrier since even now, modern languages are much different than their older counterparts. I found this out the hard way with my story as I had to do a ton of research into 1800s slang and phrases. It also depends on the area because dialects changed from province to province.

ACertainPassingUser

Technology ahead of time is kinda pointless.

Most technology that were mass-adopted recently already have researched for 30-50 years in some advanced lab, publicized, and lots of people already know about it already.

OLED Screen prototype already exist in the 1960s. But it's not commercially viable back then.

There's also time when a technology already exist, popular, and commercially viable back then, even though you just don't know.

For example, in Car technology and features. Many new technology for economy car in 2015-2020 already exist in Mercedes S Class and BMW 7 Series made in the 80s-90s. We're just too poor to know their existence, let alone experiencing and enjoying them.

And for people praising smartphones and their features, those phones already existed for years in form of PDA. Most of the basic features of smartphone today already exist in those PDA as well.

The only thing a smartphone, a.k.a iPhone brings to the table is finger-touchscreen and PC like browser that can properly show everything. But in the end, it's just a small PC with GUI adjusted for phone size.

Therefore, the only thing you should reach if you're stranded in a unfamiliar place in world and time, is to improve Yourself.

nowme_cres

Past life regressor. MC as a 13 year old or something is as rich as the Rothschilds

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
That's why you have to have workarounds if you want it to work. Mainly with the language barrier since even now, modern languages are much different than their older counterparts. I found this out the hard way with my story as I had to do a ton of research into 1800s slang and phrases. It also depends on the area because dialects changed from province to province.
Province to province? :blob_neutral: How convenient. Here they change from village to village. You can barely understand the guys from the next valley.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Province to province? :blob_neutral: How convenient. Here they change from village to village. You can barely understand the guys from the next valley.
It did change from village to village but in the past, each village/town was pretty much it's own province.