Help me please

MasFaqih

So, I am a 21 year old bump, Last year i still have work, But the contract has been expired last month, So, I want to work as a freelancer, maybe a content writer or generalist, but dont know how to start, any of you senior know?, i can learn.
Oh yeah, if it's not related to writing, i dont mind it, i don't have any talent for an artist and logo design, i want to know what kind of remote job that maybe i can learn from scratch.

Last edited:

J_Chemist

> I am can learn.

If you want to work as an English writer, you should probably become more familiar with the language, cause that was wild.

As for how to make money, you have two options;
  1. Become good enough that lots of people buy your books.
  2. Become a ghost writer and take up contracts
However, the first thing you should do is come to terms with the fact that most writers are poor/broke because you won't make a lot of money (if any) when you start and the likelihood of you actually making a living wage is pretty small.

Not to shit on your dreams but be aware that the road ahead is tough and sucks. Good luck though. Writing is a lot of fun and can be very rewarding.

SailusGebel

> I am can learn.

If you want to work as an English writer, you should probably become more familiar with the language, cause that was wild.

However, the first thing you should do is come to terms with the fact that most writers are poor/broke because you won't make a lot of money (if any) when you start and the likelihood of you actually making a living wage is pretty small.

Not to shit on your dreams but be aware that the road ahead is tough and sucks. Good luck though. Writing is a lot of fun and can be very rewarding.
based

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
So, I am a 21 year old bump, Last year i still have work, But the contract has been expired last month, i want to work as a freelancer, maybe a content writer or generalist, but dont know how to start, any of you senior know?, i am can learn,
Alright, uhh...

Mind if I DM you?

Chemist already answered your question, now I'm here to help you familiarize yourself with the connecting language called english.

MasFaqih

> I am can learn.

Ah iam sorry i write that without much though, lol.
Alright, uhh...

Mind if I DM you?

Chemist already answered your question, now I'm here to help you familiarize yourself with the connecting language called english.
Yeah, I dont mind, i usually write things more carefully, don't know what am thinking when writing this threads

TotallyHuman

Go to University first if you haven't yet, get a higher education. Writing without enough experience or a broad range of knowledge will not get you anywhere to living off of writing. There are only so many authors who make good wages, even fewer still who can do it for decades.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
I just want to know where to start. It's alright if you dont want to tell me
The thing is, what you are desiring is not easy to do. Writing is something that anybody can do, and many do. But only a few can make it a living on it's own.

I can tell that english isn't your first language, so if you want to work with that language you may need to do some improving. However, perhaps your native language could be a better field? I don't know.

GoodPerson

Let me handle this, you may help a tidbit. I know my people more than you.
Go to University first if you haven't yet, get a higher education. Writing without enough experience or a broad range of knowledge will not get you anywhere to living off of writing. There are only so many authors who make good wages, even fewer still who can do it for decades.

The thing is, what you are desiring is not easy to do. Writing is something that anybody can do, and many do. But only a few can make it a living on it's own.

I can tell that english isn't your first language, so if you want to work with that language you may need to do some improving. However, perhaps your native language could be a better field? I don't know.
He's one of my people guys, care to give the handle to me?

Also, yes, yellow dragon. English is not his first language, or mother language in our case.

I don't think he's good at our mother language. I mean, I'm not sure if he's good at telling people stories.

MasFaqih

I agree, yes English isn't my first language, I know i am still lacking in it,my native language isn't any better. Eem maybe you can recommend a few side hustle that i can learn in the meantime, I want to work on my skill, At least till i get hire for another work.

GoodPerson

I agree, yes English isn't my first language, I know i am still lacking in it,my native language isn't any better. Eem maybe you can recommend a few side hustle that i can learn in the meantime, I want to work on my skill, At least till i get hire for another work.
Hustle? Why don't you try memorizing English words or try reading a guide to learn grammar. That should keep you busy.

Jun_Sakazuki

The easiest think i can think of is you could try writing r34 fan fiction for any popular media franchises to earn money from your writing.(this is a joke)

GoodPerson

The easiest think i can think of is you could try writing r34 fan fiction for any popular media franchises to earn money from your writing.(this is a joke)
8llpf9.jpg

melchi

What is a custom title?
Maybe instead of trying to go straight to writing for livelyhood try to get a job where you get exposed to english more? That might be an easier first step.

MasFaqih

Maybe instead of trying to go straight to writing for livelyhood try to get a job where you get exposed to english more? That might be an easier first step.
Whats is that job?

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
Do what I did when I wanted to flip off my company: quit and started doing Callcenter work. Well, the Callcenter I work at now is a bit on the fancier side, I guess, depending on how you imagine the job. We actually offer IT-Support in my office only, I can work at home and get all the tech I need (two screens, a laptop, a docking station, keyboard, mouse), but I prefer coming to the office. We are situated and set up for different companies, but my floor works for a group founded by five individual public health insurance that are all from my country. So German offices, German support. No relay to Portugal, India or Turkey. I'm pretty sure you can find a decent company wherever you live, they always need people to expand their business.
Most of them offer home office work, like mine, so it's basically remote work. Though in my company, you have to come to the office at least twice a month for office day, to support team spirit and bonding without stupid games. Also to hold team meetings. But they also order Pizza, so I have no complaints.

It would help you get around your language barriers, also give you good money and it's pretty chill. Unless you manage to blow up the office, they will likely not randomly let go of you either. :blob_cookie:
It's true though. They rake in the most money.