Helpp i needa tip or knowledgee

Diogenes111

So I was writing my chapters and I noticed that every time I start a new chapter, it feels disconnected from the previous chapter. It's as if I'm doing a time skip every chapter, even though the next chapter I'm trying to write is on the same day as the previous chapter (in the character's world).
How do u fix this? Or is there any tips or a thread that can help with this problem.

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
Try using cliffhangers. They can connect the story pretty well when the story feels disconnected, a trick that I like to use when I have a big part of the story is to put the start of the next chapter at the end of the previous chapter, then repeat.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Tried to check your profile to see the work in question, but you blocked others from viewing it. How does the problem manifest?

At first, hearing this doesn't feel that serious or weird. As @Rhaps said, cliffs are the best solution. It not just helps but keeps readers coming back~

Or could you end every chapter with the end of the day? Or the end of the morning, and the next chapter would be about the afternoon? I don't know what type of story you are working on, so these are just the immediate ideas that popped into my head.

My method is to end every chapter with a kind of accomplishment by the MC and her group or by pointing at something, and I start the next chapter with that.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
You could use cliffhangers or you could continue writing exactly where you left off the preceding chapter. Rather than ending a scene at the end of a chapter, make it go into the next one by cutting it at an interesting point. For example, maybe there's a line of dialogue that reveals something important but there is more dialogue after it, either to explain it further or further the plot. Cut it right after the important dialogue so that the next chapter will answer any questions the reader had before through the dialogue.

Diogenes111

Try using cliffhangers. They can connect the story pretty well when the story feels disconnected, a trick that I like to use when I have a big part of the story is to put the start of the next chapter at the end of the previous chapter, then repeat.
I see, I mostly end my chapters in a satisfying way. so I always end up with no room for the next chap making it look like a week or day has passed in the story. I'll keep this in mind thank you.

Dieter

the Writer
You can start your chappies by outlining them in sets first. Meaning, you write a few paragraphs of your plot that you'll later divide into 3-5 chapters. That way you won't lose the through line and you aren't exactly full-blown outlining either.

LilRora

Mostly formless
One way to do it is to write a continuous sequence of events and divide it into chapters afterwards. I'm doing it quite often when I have to describe long, important events.

That solution has its own problems though and might be unsuitable for your story and/or writing style. If you're writing, for example, a webnovel or something in the style of one, then that solution won't work. Similarly, it generally doesn't suit slice of life stories.

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
Using cliffhangers for every chapter can start to feel weird if someone is reading through your novel later on. Try adding a mention of the previous chapter near the beginning of the next like :

1. The way John licked that apple during our lunch together is still messing with my head hours later.
2. Sweat from my battle with the Bug Queen slides down the side of my face, ruining the effort I put into not smudging it.
3. Jane's hunger from skipping breakfast was finally catching up to her.

That way the reader's brain can connect the two chapters and the times involved without being too blatant about it.

Parade

You can set up the chapters and split them in two so it looks like it just ends when everything is there in the next chapter that way you have more to flex and create on how things progress as well add more detail, I think that might help don’t know really not a writer