How can I get my novel back on trending

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
I'd say just don't worry about it. I've made it to trending once, which was nice, but you should be writing for your own enjoyment, not for numbers on a website, IMO.

HappyVainGlory

I have been posting for a year now on Scribblehub. My novel - When I Got Reincarnated As A Spider With My Goddess

In the start often my novel would appear in the trending.
But past two months it hasn't even been for a single time on trending.
I haven't lost on any reader count, in fact they have just been kept on increasing.
So, what can be the reason, and what more can I do to get my novel on trending as well.
I won't spill the beans on exactly how it works, but I will say that it's pretty heavily weighted on a novel's overall growth. It's much harder for established novels to hit trending without going on a long hiatus, but it's fairly easy for new novels to hit trending just because of a growing audience.

In other words, don't worry about it. If your novel was on trending and no longer is on trending despite routine updates, you can think of it as succeeding since you've secured enough audience to no longer need it.

If you're REALLY desperate about getting on trending again though, doing double of literally everything you're currently doing should help.

Mortrexo

Honestly? Forget about trending. Write for the readers you have, and focus on your story. Trending works with a mix of views, favorites, and overall gained readers spikes. If your novel has a consistent increase in views, it is less likely to appear on trending. That's why the top novels do not appear on trending when they have many more readers than the usual novels that appear on trending. When your novel is not longer "new," the discoverability "phase" is already done, and now you have to work with what you have. Naturally, really good novels appear on trending more often than others.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
At least from my limited experience, I find you’ve got to upload a LOT, at least a few times a week to have a real chance of being on there and even then, views only play a smaller part it seems like.
I've hit top 9 four times and #1 once, and I only publish twice a week, and started writing in February. I think the reason people equate publishing frequency to trending is because they obviously are puting more chapters out, but I'm not certain that it actually plays a role in per chapter terms.

To OP
Looking at your publish frequency, imagine that until about 3 months ago, you published about 3 times a week, then dropped to 1 time a week.
If you used to trend once a month, now you might only trend once every three months.
That's my personal theory.

Premier

Trending likes big swings in viewcount. if you got a consistent rise you won't get on it

I got on it every other week when people only read on update days, but now people read consistently I haven’t been on once.

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
Two and a half years publishing in a concise way, 1 single novel, 222 chapters, 585 thousand words, 1700 readers, an average of 650 visits per day.

In my life I have never reached a single day trending, it is a simple myth that they tell children like saint claus, trending are only the parents.

The best thing to do is just ignore it because it won't come out. Just keep working at your own pace and if it gets to trending then think it was just a lucky shot and that's it.

Erios909

Once you hit a certain number of followers you're shadow banned from hitting the front page trending. Almost all discoverability after your first few thousand followers is from tag rankings and being on lists. So the site's discoverability is skewed toward new stories and stories with popular tags. So go make sure you grab as many tags as fit your story!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Once you hit a certain number of followers you're shadow banned from hitting the front page trending. Almost all discoverability after your first few thousand followers is from tag rankings and being on lists. So the site's discoverability is skewed toward new stories and stories with popular tags. So go make sure you grab as many tags as fit your story!
Scribblehub doesn't have any shadowban function. This is a plain lie.

Erios909

If you don't like the word 'shadowban' then you can replace it with 'algorithm banned' or 'algorithm killed' or whatever suits your fancy.

There is an exponential decrease in your ability to reach those ranks as you approach the arbitrary cutoff. That's a shadow ban in my book.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
If you don't like the word 'shadowban' then you can replace it with 'algorithm banned' or 'algorithm killed' or whatever suits your fancy.

There is an exponential decrease in your ability to reach those ranks as you approach the arbitrary cutoff. That's a shadow ban in my book.
If you mean, "The algorithm prioritizes spikes in number of readers to put you in Trending", then that is a reasonable argument that multiple people made, and that yes, reduces your chances of appearing in trending after you already obtained a large amount of followers.

That is quite different from a shadowban though.