How can you limit a speedsters power while making it still interesting.

So_Indecisive

Primordial sin of Sloth
So I'm about to start posting my The Flash X MHA fanfic and I already have an idea of what to do with the whole speed force's overpowered properties.
I'd just like to know how else his powers can be expressed logically so that it's not overpowered

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
My main concern is that the Flash himself is completely out of reach for the entire MHA verse. It's a matter of one verse simply being too powerful compared to the other.

Unless you do some considerable nerfing or add conditions to Flash's abilities, you'll just have him mopping the floor with any antagonist he comes across. It's the entire reason why there hasn't been a game for this particular superhero. He's just too powerful.

Tempokai

Overworked One
Simple. Jusy apply real life physics. Sure, he can go to almost light speed, but can his body handle it?

Here's what AI says when I put how he can be countered:
Ah, the Flash, the scarlet speedster, the hero who can race through time faster than you can say "quantum mechanics." Let's take a whimsical yet scientifically sardonic look at how real-life physics would trip up this speed demon in the most delightfully absurd ways.

1. **Friction Fiasco**: Imagine our dear Flash zooming at ludicrous speeds, only to be rudely greeted by our good old friend, friction. The air resistance alone would turn him into a walking barbecue. There's nothing quite like the smell of superhero in the morning, charred by the sheer force of physics.

2. **Caloric Catastrophe**: Speed requires energy, and energy requires food. At Flash's speed, he'd need to consume approximately the equivalent of a small country's GDP in burgers just to take a few steps. Talk about a super-sized order!

3. **Thermal Thwarting**: Moving at such speeds would generate enough heat to not only cook him from the inside out but also potentially set the atmosphere on fire. It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's a flying inferno.

4. **Sonic Boom Shenanigans**: Every time Flash decided to break the sound barrier, he'd create a sonic boom. The constant booms would not only shatter every window in a ten-city radius but also ensure that he'd be the least popular superhero at parties.

5. **Acceleration Agony**: The human body, even a superhuman one, has limits. Flash's rapid acceleration and deceleration would likely turn his brain into mush. Who knew becoming a sentient speed-induced smoothie could be a side effect of superpowers?

6. **Quantum Quirks**: If Flash ever decided to flirt with light speed, he'd have to contend with time dilation. He might age a day, while the rest of us age a decade. Handy if you want to skip the line at the DMV, not so much if you’re trying to maintain any kind of relationship.

7. **Centrifugal Force Follies**: Running in circles at high speed would subject Flash to extreme centrifugal forces, likely turning him into a human centrifuge. Who needs villains when you have physics?

8. **Traction Troubles**: High-speed traction is a must, but unfortunately, our dear Flash would probably find himself slipping and sliding more than running, turning every mission into a comedic slip-up.

9. **Atmospheric Absurdities**: At such high speeds, Flash would ionize the air, turning himself into a flying lightning bolt. It's all fun and games until you start accidentally electrocuting bystanders.

10. **Material Mayhem**: His suit would need to withstand insane levels of stress and heat. If not, it would either disintegrate or fuse to his body, making for some rather awkward explanations at the superhero laundromat.

So, there you have it, a delightful romp through the ways real-life physics would play the ultimate supervillain to Flash's heroic antics. It seems even in a world of superpowers, the true hero might just be a high school physics textbook.
Of course, you can adjust into whatever less realism needed by lessening the effects of the real life physics to make the Flash-like character more powerful and whatnot.

Garon

I don't know, use physics to make flash suffer. If an object runs at the speed of light, an example is a nail. Then, when it collides with another object, it will cause an explosion similar to the Tsar Bomb. Another fact. Even if a person runs at the speed of sound, what will he breathe? The air at that speed will be like a wall for him. And even if he can, is his reaction good? He is not required to accept quick actions. Running fast is not the same as reacting to other speedsters. It's not really gonna be problem for flash. But watch how fast character really training and go against this problem for me, sounds interesting.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
If you send flash into MHA, you can write that the speedforce doesn't exist in that universe and the power of "physics" are much stronger than where he come, making his abilities nerfed to the same level as MHA characters.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
They shouldn't be able to think fast, just move fast.
Naruto before Shippuden actually handled speedsters really well.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
... give him a normal human body instead of a superhuman body supported by the Speed Force?

Flash's body is as weak as a regular, if not fit, human male.

So give him the ability to go fast, but let his body be the limiter. It is lame, like keeping Accelerator on a leash, but it might have the same effect as Pre-useful Deku. Except keeping the limiter for your SI so that he will never be too IMBA.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
Don’t include the speed force. When was first created there was no speed force. Just a guy that got struck by lightning and chemicals.

So_Indecisive

Primordial sin of Sloth
If you send flash into MHA, you can write that the speedforce doesn't exist in that universe and the power of "physics" are much stronger than where he come, making his abilities nerfed to the same level as MHA characters.
Do you exist in my mind
Are you perchance in my mind😮😮
Don’t include the speed force. When was first created there was no speed force. Just a guy that got struck by lightning and chemicals.
No can do bro the speed force is what makes the flash interesting. Why should I care about a guy who just runs fast

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
Do you exist in my mind

Are you perchance in my mind😮😮

No can do bro the speed force is what makes the flash interesting. Why should I care about a guy who just runs fast
Then are you going to include the other forces, Still, strength, and sage?

prognastat

Speedsters on the level of the flash are really troublesome in your story, because they can really only be handled by people that can keep up with their speed so other speedsters.(or people whose powerset includes speedster like speed)

That's why you get things like people complaining about the Flash show how he just constantly isn't using his powers because if he did everything would just be solved immediately without any actual threat or drama.

Given that as far as I know no one in MHA is on the level of DC speedsters like the Flash for it to be kept interesting he would have to be nerfed somehow. Maybe the new universe doesn't have the speed force and this limits his speed. Or the laws of physics in the MHA universe are stronger countering his speed force. Or during the move to the MHA universe his power gets adapted and he is no longer a metahuman with access to the speedforce, but instead it is transformed into a speed related Quirk that isn't quite as OP.