How do I attract the stray cat in my area

• Thread starter Deleted member 133647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133647

I've seen it like three times in the years I've lived here. Pretty sure It doesn't have a tail but it was far away. It seems to be chilling in the woods, prolly getting its food from there. I'm trying to like find it and tame it. how do I do that.

Simple_Russian_Boi

Maybe an alcoholic | Occasionally a cat
Food, calmness and patience. Cats like quiet people and food. If your house is close enough to the park, you can gradually lure the cat to your home and lock it there. If you just want to make a friend, it's enough for you to take some food with you and be close to fluffy.

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
Make “tsk tsk tsk” noises when you see it from now on

Ran-Ron

Ashen-haired waifu enthusiast
As the replies already said here, food. Try to attract em with the usual "pspspsps" sound. If it comes close, drop the food and keep your distance, but make sure it sees you until it's comfortable in the spot where you lured it with food. Rinse and repeat. Eventually, that cat's gonna look for you itself.

Signed, me, who for some reason, have 4 cats waiting for me every after dinner. These fellas even left me some dead rats at our doorstep from time to time.

PS - I don't own them. They just like loitering around our front yard.

Last edited:

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy/Current owner of LuoirM nose
Show yourself to it over and over till it becomes weird for you not to be there.

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
Here's how I do it: come here, waga miko yo
IMG_5948.jpeg

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Leave out some cat food outside your house each day until it comes regularly then just sit out with the food at the usual time it will come. It will eventually warm up to you being around and will probably sit on your lap if it warms up to your presence. You can then take it inside to show it it's new home.

Or you set out a coon trap with some food in it and catch the sucker. After feeding it inside your home for a few days it will eventually see it as a home to come back to to sleep. The other possibility is that is dangerous so I would be careful.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Leave it food for a while and, if it sees you putting out the food, it should allow you to come nearer to it eventually