How do you feel about people giving your story a bad rating for no apparent reason?

DevilPogoStick

When I first posted my story, got a 5 star after a few hours in. Okay, that was nice.

Several hours later, someone gave me 1 star.

...Okay then. I kinda shrugged and after another 5 star, I'm not sure what happened but that 1 star actually disappeared.

...The ratings are weird, just to admit.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
I’m not sure many people give scores other than 1’s and 5’s on SH. I take it as people like it or don’t. As the proud owner of a mediocre story, I would say only worry about those who comment. Since most people on SH don’t comment, don’t worry. :blobthumbsup:

Ral

When I first posted my story, got a 5 star after a few hours in. Okay, that was nice.

Several hours later, someone gave me 1 star.

...Okay then. I kinda shrugged and after another 5 star, I'm not sure what happened but that 1 star actually disappeared.

...The ratings are weird, just to admit.
They might have changed the rating? While you can't delete your rating, you can change it.

DevilPogoStick

They might have changed the rating? While you can't delete your rating, you can change it.
That might be it.

...But I could had sworn it was 3 ratings before suddenly back to 2 but I'll take the site's word for it.

RimuThighHighs

I don't care and I mean that with the utmost sincerity zero shits given my friends, the value and worth of a story can't be quantified by something as rudimentary as a rating system and after all even trash has great meaning to some. I used to get upset and down every time I would get a negative review or someone would talk badly about my writing.

And sure nothing ever really prepares for a zero stars you're the scum of humanity scathing review but that's just all part of putting the something into the creative ether. I can't own another persons opinion anymore than they can own mine and that's the way it should be.

Something that makes me feel better is to look at the negative reviews of the series that I love as it reminds me that not even those who are supremely talented and have mastered their craft elude hate.

And in the end it doesn't matter it's just ego and pride my dudes.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Example: You just posted the first chapter of a new story, and then someone instantly gave it 1 to 3 stars for no apparent reason. You check the grammar, and there's nothing seemingly wrong with it.
Ai-chan hates when people give Ai-chan's stories 1 out of 5 and won't even bother explaining why. It just makes Ai-chan feel like they're trolls who just hates Ai-chan or something. If you feel so strongly that the story doesn't even deserve a passing mark, then tell Ai-chan why it doesn't deserve a passing mark so that Ai-chan can improve.

Even die-hard idol haters tell them why they suck, even if their reviews are so scathing. You could at least give 2 sentences. That doesn't even take 3 minutes of your life.