How do you guys feel about the way that Wano Arc ended?

OP1000

Hello!!!!
To all the One Piece fans that read this site, how do you feel about the Wano Arc? Was it good, mid or simply bad?
I personally did not like the way that the arc ended the plot point of the feud between the Kozuki Clan and the Kurozumi Clan, but I enjoyed the beginning of the arc and the buildup to the raid on Onigashima.

P.S.:- If you are going to be specifically talking about certain events that took place in the arc that have not yet taken place in the anime, please use the spoiler feature.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Honest question here: I dropped the series after Ace's death (not related to it; I just stopped to continue later on as it was still ongoing but never did so)

How close are they to one piece? I know that there was some kind of time skip and whatnot. But honestly, it was already years since I watched OP. Are they still just a crew, sailing around, never getting a clue at what they are really looking for or where it should be?

OP1000

Honest question here: I dropped the series after Ace's death (not related to it; I just stopped to continue later on as it was still ongoing but never did so)

How close are they to one piece? I know that there was some kind of time skip and whatnot. But honestly, it was already years since I watched OP. Are they still just a crew, sailing around, never getting a clue at what they are really looking for or where it should be?
I would say that they are close to the One Piece, seeing as the story has entered its final saga and some major players have made major moves to find the One Piece.

Well, they did get a major clue on how to find the One Piece,but that happened over 200 chapters before the latest chapter that is out now.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
@OP1000 Thanks! Well then I can wait a little more and if the story ever ends, I think I will have a show to start from 0 and watch it for... I don't know. A year or two. :blob_cookie:

Trippyland

The story line during the Wano Arc sets up a lot of possibilities and doors for the characters as well as answers a lot of questions. I honestly didn't see it going where it did and I love that. The chain reactions their actions there have are going to ripple and I want to see how they do.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
I enjoyed it a lot, and finally, a racist character. Though I think the ending was a bit rushed.
Like many readers, I was sad that Yamato didn't join the Straw Hats, yet. I think Yamato will join up later like Oden did (imagine her meeting Luffy again, but as one of Buggy's crew member, then she join Luffy as the tenth and final member he needed for his crew)

VeganMaster

Personally, I liked it a lot :))

Still feel it was both too long in places where it shouldn't have been and too rushed in the end.

I feel that the 9 scabbards fell a bit flat as well, despite liking all of them and their plight. I would have hoped to see them actually be able to do something against Kaido(that's just because I liked them tho)

One thing I absolutely hated was the introduction of Green Bull, which did a great job of undermining the strongest members of the Beast Pirates. It kinda made me feel that Kaido's dream of starting shit with the World Government was more of a practical joke by the author.

I mean, two All-Stars got blasted by 1 admiral(with ease)... Meanwhile, the marines have plenty of admiral-level figures, even above that they have ppl like Garp... I'm not even counting the CPs and their Pacifistas, the Beast Pirates stand 0 chance even if all of them had authentic devil fruits. It's kinda laughable tbh
. . .

Other than that, I really liked the progress of the Straw Hats in this arc, it was amazing to read ;))

Last edited:

proxybaba

so it ended, I stopped watching it two years ago so yay for me, time for binging
edit - its till running in anime man, I got happy for nothing

BigBadBoi

My only exposure to one piece is the cock edit memes with can we get much higher playing in the background

Sebas_Guzman

So, Wano overall is not the greatest and thats reflected in reduced sales in volumes. Online discourse is also a little sour but online discourse cant be trusted to tell you what the target market feels. I'm sad that the lesson that Oda took from this was that he had to go even faster, but its working out for current arc so far.

Honestly, Wano deserved Orochi. That ending where they keep talking about the Kozumi being born to burn or something like that--holy shit. They deserve everything they get.

I don't know where the anime is, so everything beyond here is spoilers.
Back to it not being the greatest, the problem i believe is that Oda wants these giant wars because he's trying to recapture marineford, but it doesnt work outside of marineford. With wano, he had to spend so much time on characters that were only introduced in the Wano arc, in order to make their short fights worthwhile. Problem is there are so many that it sucks having to deal with all the set up week to week. Mix that in with how he split up the fights for the strawhats and you're in a spot where you're leaving a strawhat to deal with the randoms before going back.
This makes things even worse when you realize that Luffy will ALWAYS have his victory fight at the end, while Sanji and Zoro have their finishes before Luffy's final fight. So, if you know that rule, you knew it was going to be a while before those three got to put conclusive stops to their fights. That said, Oda mixed up what they were doing well enough that I think it works better than it could have.
Wano got a disadvantage from starting Luffy VS Kaido early since Luffy had to get put down multiple times before entering his final fight. People that dont like seeing luffy lose may have felt worse there.

But yeah, overall, Wano brings in a lot of characters because they need the war to work. Can't have a war without sides after all. Big Mom being involved just felt like a way to further her defeat along, but it added a lot of strange chaos.

The main fights for Franky, Jinbe, and Robin were great though. Law and Kidd's fight was pretty neat too. The supernova fight in general was super great. Kind of wish that went on for longer

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Hello!!!!
To all the One Piece fans that read this site, how do you feel about the Wano Arc? Was it good, mid or simply bad?
I personally did not like the way that the arc ended the plot point of the feud between the Kozuki Clan and the Kurozumi Clan, but I enjoyed the beginning of the arc and the buildup to the raid on Onigashima.

P.S.:- If you are going to be specifically talking about certain events that took place in the arc that have not yet taken place in the anime, please use the spoiler feature.
I follow the anime not the manga, and I have to say the Wano country buildup and arc was horrible. It completely ruined a lot of the plot of one piece for no reason at all.

The issues I have with it in general are:
1) The fight between cat and dog made 0 sense, it was over nothing once you find out the reason. And they let their own people die for it. On top of that it was a perfect opportunity to eliminate Jack who is their real enemy and they simply let it go.

2) Their infiltration into wano was also ridiculous, they literally had a support base. Instead of letting them get you the info you need and staying low, they went with "disguises", and spread up while having virtually 0 understanding of the country's culture or anything. The fact that they didn't get all caught on the first day was the biggest shocker

3) Whoever died and made Kinemon strategist needs to get their head examined. I'd argue he does more harm than the spy. His strategy of "we are going to round up all resistance and attack the island all at once", considering the amount of people difference is no different than bringing all your forces into a trap. To this day, I still think Kinemon is the real traitor. The author finally realizes it at one point and makes a joke out of it, but it doesn't change the reality, if anything it makes it worse cause everyone knows Kinemon is beyond incompetent yet still lets him lead

4) Oden is trash. I am not sure why the author makes people idolize him. Luffy might be an airhead, but at end of the day he still does the right thing even if it may be idealistic and knows what to do when things go serious. Oden is an airhead who does nothing right and doesn't know how to do the right thing at all. Usually shonnen tries to idolize ideals that are the right thing, but here the author chose to idolize being trash. Oden doesn't even trust his own comrades. His whole deaths is even made into a silly joke.

5) The arc's attempt to try to cover every inch Japanese culture is totally forced. It felt like the author was ticking checkboxes instead of trying to write an interesting arc

NotOriginal

Honestly, overhyped and both drawn our and to short. It set up a lot of cool stuff and foundation for the end of One Piece but so much of it was rushed.
I firmly believe if Oda didn't want to hurry up and finish his story and just go on vacation Wano would have been one of the best arcs of One Piece but alas time waits for nobody.

OP1000

I enjoyed it a lot, and finally, a racist character. Though I think the ending was a bit rushed.
You mean a racist character that is a threat right? Because characters like Hody Jones exist.

I also feel like the ending was rushed.
Personally, I liked it a lot :))

Still feel it was both too long in places where it shouldn't have been and too rushed in the end.

Other than that, I really liked the progress of the Straw Hats in this arc, it was amazing to read ;))
I feel the same way about how the pacing for the arc.

And on what you said in the spoiler post, I will say that I did not think of it that way. Thank you for giving me a new perspective of the arc.
so it ended, I stopped watching it two years ago so yay for me, time for binging
edit - its till running in anime man, I got happy for nothing
Sorry about the inconvenience. I would also advise that you avoid watching the anime for the rest of 2023.
My only exposure to one piece is the cock edit memes with can we get much higher playing in the background
The One Piece....The One Piece is real!!!! I like that meme.
Honestly, Wano deserved Orochi. That ending where they keep talking about the Kozumi being born to burn or something like that--holy shit. They deserve everything they get.
I think you should have put this in the spoiler section as well, but....
[I agree with on the fact that the people of Wano really have not learnt from their past mistakes.
The issues I have with it in general are:
1) The fight between cat and dog made 0 sense, it was over nothing once you find out the reason. And they let their own people die for it. On top of that it was a perfect opportunity to eliminate Jack who is their real enemy and they simply let it go.

2) Their infiltration into wano was also ridiculous, they literally had a support base. Instead of letting them get you the info you need and staying low, they went with "disguises", and spread up while having virtually 0 understanding of the country's culture or anything. The fact that they didn't get all caught on the first day was the biggest shocker

3) Whoever died and made Kinemon strategist needs to get their head examined. I'd argue he does more harm than the spy. His strategy of "we are going to round up all resistance and attack the island all at once", considering the amount of people difference is no different than bringing all your forces into a trap. To this day, I still think Kinemon is the real traitor. The author finally realizes it at one point and makes a joke out of it, but it doesn't change the reality, if anything it makes it worse cause everyone knows Kinemon is beyond incompetent yet still lets him lead

4) Oden is trash. I am not sure why the author makes people idolize him. Luffy might be an airhead, but at end of the day he still does the right thing even if it may be idealistic and knows what to do when things go serious. Oden is an airhead who does nothing right and doesn't know how to do the right thing at all. Usually shonnen tries to idolize ideals that are the right thing, but here the author chose to idolize being trash. Oden doesn't even trust his own comrades. His whole deaths is even made into a silly joke.

5) The arc's attempt to try to cover every inch Japanese culture is totally forced. It felt like the author was ticking checkboxes instead of trying to write an interesting arc
My opinion on the issues you have with the arc(so far for the anime):
1. Yes, their fight was 100% unnecessary.
2. From a logical point of view, besides maybe Robin, I would say that the rest of the Strawhats are not exactly suited for a secret recruitment mission like the one we saw in acts 1 & 2 for various reasons. But they had to do something during their time in the mainland of Wano, so....
3. I agree, Kinemon was not really fit to be a leader of the Kozuki forces. Who would you have recommended as the leader of the forces of Wano?
4. Oden really should have allowed his scabbards to help him out more. I personally felt that he is meant to be a parallel to Luffy in regards to the way they treated the people that were close to, but how Oden was ultimately not able to trust them while Luffy did not waver in his trust for those that were close to him.
5. I personally did not mind it too much.
Honestly, overhyped and both drawn our and to short. It set up a lot of cool stuff and foundation for the end of One Piece but so much of it was rushed.
I firmly believe if Oda didn't want to hurry up and finish his story and just go on vacation Wano would have been one of the best arcs of One Piece but alas time waits for nobody.
I feel that the arc did not live up to some of my expectations. There were a number of plotlines that I looked forward to seeing resolved in this arc, only to find that we would not get answers on some of them within this arc. I agree that Wano could have been a really good arc if Oda were able to write it without rushing it, but we just have to move on.

sanitylimited

it wouldve been far better if oda didnt put so much effort into having the fights end at the same time.

and mystery baiting is the core of one piece. just look at shanks, does nothing but shows up, says a cool line or 2 and then leaves and the fandom goes nuts