Writing How do you guys transition from describing a fight, to showing a conversation between different characters?

LilRora

Mostly formless
The conversation should be near over by the time the fighters notice it. Or, even if it would continue, the spectators would notice that they're about to do an epic move, so they stop talking and continue watching them again. I was more thinking, how to move from the fight, into the beginning of that conversation. Specifically, how would I end the battle scene, right before the conversation scene starts, cause I already know how to start the conversation scene.
And I don't think either of them need to retreat. I was more thinking like, one of them hears noises and yelling from below them, while blocking an attack from the bad guy, she shifts her eye towards the noise and notices it, then gets angry and kicks the bad guy away, turns to her friend and tells her that they're being ignored and that they should do their epic move now.
How I see it, you've already got all you need. Just need to decide on a way and write it.

If by "end the fight scene" you mean you want to leave it ongoing while the conversation happens, then you can just leave it open. Have one of the spectators comment on it or shield their eyes from a flash of light, then make them "go back to the topic". It doesn't need to end definitively and it should be connected to the conversation scene somehow. If you tried doing a hard ending and starting the conversation unrelated to the fight, you would end up with an awkward pause between the two.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I think that would kill the pace of the fight entirely (see any DragonBall Fight or Record of Ragnarok). But you do you, I guess.

Imagine you're watching an intense fight and the camera just cuts to spectators bulging their eyes out at every little move instead of actually showing us what the cool moves are.

Vitou

How I see it, you've already got all you need. Just need to decide on a way and write it.

If by "end the fight scene" you mean you want to leave it ongoing while the conversation happens, then you can just leave it open. Have one of the spectators comment on it or shield their eyes from a flash of light, then make them "go back to the topic". It doesn't need to end definitively and it should be connected to the conversation scene somehow. If you tried doing a hard ending and starting the conversation unrelated to the fight, you would end up with an awkward pause between the two.
yes, that's what I meant, that the fight would continue during the conversation, and then I'd return to it once one of the fighters notice the nonsense going on below them.
I think that would kill the pace of the fight entirely (see any DragonBall Fight or Record of Ragnarok). But you do you, I guess.

Imagine you're watching an intense fight and the camera just cuts to spectators bulging their eyes out at every little move instead of actually showing us what the cool moves are.
well, they're not supposed to be bulging their eyes out at it, they're supposed to have a conversation, which is also foreshadowing for something for future chapters. And as one of the fighters notice that they aren't even paying attention them anymore, she gets angry and decides to end the fight.

Civilian

Sometimes characters stop to catch their breath, or maybe they enter the classic 'Blade Lock' which stops the fight momentarily (brawler lock if hand-to-hand), at points like this you could redirect the readers attention towards the witnesses who then start talking about the fight.

If the fight hasn't stopped momentarily, but you want to move towards the people watching, then maybe you could start with dialogue instead. Something like: "Yo damn, they fast as fuck boy!" said witness 1 as Guy A and Guy B flew across the battlefield. Or something like that. Then back to the fight into a cool spinning kick that snaps the other dudes neck.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
maybe have the fight and dialogue switch between foreground and background of attention?