Writing How Do You Write Gore?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
have you heard the epic of Edward Theodore Geine? That. Thats how you would write gore.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Depends what's the situation, but I usually try to write realistic details that would show the reader an image his dirty mind would fill out. For example, if someone got decapitated, I'd write that his head flew away, rotating in the air and trailing blood. Generally I try to avoid unnecessary gory details - there's (usually) no point in describing how someone's innards fall out of the hole in his stomach. All I need is the fact that it is happening, and the reader's mind will do the rest.

Though in some cases, when the character's attention is focused on what's happening, it's good to desribe the details to emphasize that the character is paying attention to it and is feeling strongly about it.

In the end it all boils down to the character - if we're in the middle of a quick, action-packed brawl, I write a short, concise description, but if it is, for example, a tense moment after the fight when the character is inspecting their wounds, a more detailed description would be expected.

autumnveir

I committed a violent act.
There is blood and flesh.
Insert Emotion Here. React.
New Chapter, Repeat, Refresh.

There, I just wrote one.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
sensory details, how it smelt how it looked. onomatopoeia is your friend and be lighthanded with the gore- a little goes a long way

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
sensory details, how it smelt how it looked. onomatopoeia is your friend and be lighthanded with the gore- a little goes a long way
lol too much and you get desensitized. Happened to be with Dead Tube. The cills wore off quick and i just focused on horny some of the scenes made me cu im a degenerate

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
A bunch of slopping, squishing, and grinding. Just write it as gore and not hentai.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Quickly, like a surprise knife to the abdomen.

Then slowly, like a fountain of blood spurting from a punctured intestine, which happens to be one of the most blood-supplied organs in human body.

Awaken your inner sadist as you describe how the victim faints from rapid blood loss. Their rapid breathing, their hazy gaze, their muffled cries for help.

Awaken your inner masochist as you self insert into them and describe their fear and slowly fading consciousness, the flashes of memory as their brain is deprived of precious oxygen carried in red blood cells.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Sideways. Spring it on them like a beast from Tartarus that only knows how to destroy, but make the reader relaxed first, so it hurts more.

The point of gore is to hurt your reader. So either do it well, or not at all. Best to hint at horror, than try to describe it and have come off as lame.