How fast did it takes you to complete a chapter?

Five6212

That's fast. Some people take more than a day writing a single chapter just to make sure they're perfect.

Me? I take around a month or so.
This is me, not the a month own though, that one is for 2 chapters 🤣

D

Deleted member 54065

I can complete three chapters of around 4k words each a day, depending on my mood. Last time, I hit my largest single day word count @15k words.

However, this is the maximum. A chapter of 4k words for me is typically done within a day, and a 60k word average manuscript (divided into 16-20 chapters) is usually done in a month.

Do take note that I edit as I write along, hence the whole day time allowance.

At my lowest, I can only throw in 100 words a day...especially if I'm in no mood to write and is trying to 'warm' up.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
You been really pushing that morality scale. :blobrofl:
Uhhh... no i haven't. I am moral! I dislike the same things everyone else hates and like fluffy things... even the fluffy things with bones. And direct sunlight. Everyone loves that shit.

boo, taxes. Paying a centralized goverment is distasteful and theft.

*looks around*
(No one suspects a thing)
It has been over two years since I've finished a chapter.

I'm tempted to pay you money to write one more chapter just to ruin your streak.

It's kinda difficult to compose the ideas into word even if you have all the details in your head. With these limited vocabulary of mine. it's really tough.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Uhhh... no i haven't. I am moral! I dislike the same things everyone else hates and like fluffy things... even the fluffy things with bones. And direct sunlight. Everyone loves that shit.

boo, taxes. Paying a centralized goverment is distasteful and theft.

*looks around*
(No one suspects a thing)

I'm tempted to pay you money to write one more chapter just to ruin your streak.
I might take you up on that if you pay enough. $15,000 so one of my best friends can quit their job and come babysit and cook and clean for a few days. I'll need more than an hour or two to get back in the zone, and I'm not going to stop breastfeeding and send the kid to daycare or invite someone I barely know to camp out in the house.

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
One hour for the full process. 1k words here too.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I might take you up on that if you pay enough. $15,000 so one of my best friends can quit their job and come babysit and cook and clean for a few days. I'll need more than an hour or two to get back in the zone, and I'm not going to stop breastfeeding and send the kid to daycare or invite someone I barely know to camp out in the house.
I was thinking of a bouquet from cookie.com. Something with oatmeal raisins?

JasaNull

I spend a lot of time thinking about what I should write, usually having two or three chapters figured out when I start writing. Usually I put down about 4 chapters of a story I'm super into. That's about 12k to 16k words. My ADHD sometimes gets in the way, so writing everyday is not always possible, but then I can have one of those episodes of being hyper-focused and write for more than twelve hours straight without pause.
To make things short, I can take a few days thinking about it and then write a chapter in about an hour or two.

DonHon

Cat enthusiast
Chapter?
1687938220587.jpeg

Blue09o

For a week or two when I just started writing for whatever reason I can make a chapter in two days

But now it takes at least 20 days I don't know how

A chapter for me is around 6k letter