How many chapters to save up before launching new work?

DaScoot

You should have enough for an initial launch sprint, plus however many you want for your regular stockpile. Ie, something like 4 chapters your first day, then 1 chapter every day for the first week, then 5 or 8 or 10 or however many you want stockpiled from there on. Most people don't bother reading a story that only has a couple of chapters so you want to get it to a readable state as quickly as possible.

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
In my case, I will finish first three volumes (44-50 chapters per book) before I launch it.

The reason are as of follows:

1. You can take a rest and refresh your memories.
2. You can polish the sentence structuring when you feel like it.
3. You have time to create a new one. Once you're done with the new draft, you'll consider to look after the volume that you wanted to release.
4. Proofread it as much as you can before you publish it in the site.

I would say 5-10 depending on how fast the first chapters flow from your fingers. If you have a lot of ideas, go for 5 and post 1 or 2 a week and get things moving. I have chapters scheduled to post about twice a week for the rest of the month so I have some time to write some new stuff lol

fantasyretreat

Dunno about as a writer, but as a reader I don't bother with a story unless it's complete or has atleast 20 chapters. There's just a whole lot of stories that get dropped under 20. Generally by that time the author knows if they're going to continue it or not.
Good tip. Many authors don't listen to readers when they speak up, but it's the reader that'll read and enjoy the story after all. I'm a new author. Have five chapters up as of this post, but my backlog...:s_wink:

I'm taking my time though, because I also feel that as a newbie author, you gotta be patient with yourself.
Sixteen million four hundred twenty-eight thousand seven hundred four.

It's suspiciously precise number... :sweating_profusely:
Truly suspicious...:blob_dizzy:

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Just a question, do you write every day?

doravg

I try but mostly fail to.
If you wrote every day, even a 1k chapter per day, then you won't need any stockpiles. And honestly 1k, with the editing, takes about 1 hour. So, it is either writing, or video games or TV. I remember that I used to get up at 3 a.m. , not that I recommend it, mind you, to get my writing done before work. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
If you wrote every day, even a 1k chapter per day, then you won't need any stockpiles.
You can't write every day. Stockpiles exist for days when you're too sick, too busy, or too upset to write.

Obviously it's better to write consistently, otherwise the stockpile will dry up before you do actually need it, and you'll have to force yourself.

doravg

You can't write every day. Stockpiles exist for days when you're too sick, too busy, or too upset to write.

Obviously it's better to write consistently, otherwise the stockpile will dry up before you do actually need it, and you'll have to force yourself.
I have to disagree. You can write every day. I am the proof of that. I have an unbroken 3-year writing streak.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I have to disagree. You can write every day. I am the proof of that. I have an unbroken 3-year writing streak.
Everyone different personnaly I can't write everyday and some time I got stuck in front of a white page for a week if not more.

doravg

Everyone different personnaly I can't write everyday and some time I got stuck in front of a white page for a week if not more.
What I find helpful when I get stuck is to do a 5-minute workout. It clears my brain fog, and during the workout I have ideas for what should happen next.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
What I find helpful when I get stuck is to do a 5-minute workout. It clears my brain fog, and during the workout I have ideas for what should happen next.
Might be a good idea, I should try