How many glossary entries are you allowed to have?

CallOfTheWild

So, I'm doing extensive world-building for my upcoming story and I already have almost 30 glossary entires, but the end is still nowhere in sight. How many glossary entries is a story allowed to have? Is there a limit at all?

BTW as a side-note, I'm also looking for opinions for my upcoming story. So why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone here? Alright so, the story is in a sci-fi galactic setting with a pinch of magic. It is partly inspired by Daybreak on Hyperion on RoyalRoad by Aorii. This series involve a lot of warfare, both on ground and in space. Some battles will be inspired by actual historical battles such as the sinking of Bismarck, the battle of Midway and etc. Most of the things in the story universe are inspired/based on real world science, such as antimatter bombs, exotic matter warp drives, quantum entanglement communication devices and etc. Our MC is reincarnated from good ol' planet Earth to the galaxy where the story takes place in and into the United Nations of Humanity with the help of a little pinch of magic from an alien race. The one who reincarnated our MC also becomes our MC's master because of a magical contract (basically the same as Daybreak on Hyperion in this regard). The first arc will be focused on MC and master and their life in the Grand Space Academy on the capital planet of UNM, Gareth. From the second arc onward, it would be war. War against a rebellion plus a foreign, alien invader.

Feel free to give your opinion on my synopsis! Every bit of opinion and criticism helps my growth as an author

Last edited:
Tags are a different thing from glossary entries.

From the trending stories, you can see an example here - though it doesn't look like that author is putting much work into their glossary. (Then again, the other 6 trending stories on my front page had nothing, so uh. This is what we've got unless you want to look at ours instead.)

We're also curious if there's a limit; we haven't seen anything indicating so.

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
Quite a lot, actually. Here's mine. There doesn't seem to be a limit, from what I can tell.

Glossary

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Welcome!

Carlo.jpg

CallOfTheWild

The limit 25 is tags but I do hope it will be 30 tags soon tho
I have 26 currently, the limit is definitely not 25
Quite a lot, actually. Here's mine. There doesn't seem to be a limit, from what I can tell.

Glossary
Yeah, that's quite a bit but at this rate, I'll end up having way more than that. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to cross the bridge when I get to the limit, if it exists that is.