How many views does a story need to have for you to consider it popular?

Sylver

I'm not saying a million views, few stories on this site have that. But just out of curiosity, about how many views would you say a story would need to have before you consider it popular?

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Passed a certain amount of views, you didn't care at all about it. You start looking into readers count instead.

I think 50k is fine, 100k should get you in the first page of some tags so it start here I think?

If it's readers count, 1 000/2 000 are a good number

Noih0

I would probably say around 150k-200k views or more unless it's the trinity of GL, GB and Smut tag combo then it's given you gonna get that views even without trying much on this site. But just like others said, readers is probably a better way to judge as some of the views are sometimes just people visiting your novel page and leaving.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
That's tough. I wouldn't say it's views for popularity, especially because that number can easily be affected by a time frame (100 views in a day could be good, 100 views in a week could be not so good). That being said, the top 120 popular for all time on this site are all in the millions of views.

In my opinion, so long as you have that 1 reader each update, then the story is popular. But for the traditional view, I'd probably say at least 1000 viewers subscribed (or whatever it's called on here).

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
1000+ followers is the benchmark for being considered popular imo. I don’t ever look at views

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Views is pretty meaningless, since it is all-time.
What I do look at, though, is the scale of the graph on the series' statistics tab, which shows views per day for the last month.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Hard to say, cause it can differ depending on a number of factors. I'd say the best indicator would be readers, like 1000+ of them. If you want to use views, then be careful because the number of chapters and their length can make some stories seem way more popular than others when they really aren't. I'd say it would be about 200k+ there.

beast_regards

On the Scribble Hub: More than 158608. I know that for the fact.
On the Royal Road: What can men do against such reckless hate?
On the AO3: More than 21364.

I'm not saying a million views, few stories on this site have that. But just out of curiosity, about how many views would you say a story would need to have before you consider it popular?
More like how many reviews and stars would you consider a story to be popular?

I'd prefer the story to have either 5 to 4.5 stars with the reviews around 5 to 10.