HOW MUCH CAN A DISCRIPTION AFFECT THE VIEWS OF THE STORY

vish

Legendary Member
So, I am writting a novel and have pretty much half assed the discription( just me being the lazy that I am).
I've seen many novels with such half-assed discription. Also my story is an isekai that most people should be aware of so, I didn't think of putting more thought into discription.
Anyways, how much are you influenced after reading a dicription.( if you even bother to read it before jumping straight into the story.)
Also please check out my story.
HOW TO KILL A GODDESS OF ANOTHER 'EARTH'
white-swan-blond-blonde-hair-anime-sweet-9mbp (1).jpg

LABmaiL

Friend of All Hats :)
Personally, I do check the description of everything I'm interested in before reading it. I feel that it usually offers a good look as to the quality of the story. I'm not sure if that's just me, though.

Agentt

Thighs
Well, I wouldn't even bother reading it if it doesn't have a description. Even if you suck at writing, a good description can ensure people atleast put it in their reading lists
So, i just took a look at your description, and its not half ass at all, its quite perfect actually, you cover all the points. As you said, since people know its isekai, there is no need to go in too depth into the plot.

But go a bit easy on those foot notes, keep them brief

Redjak

I mostly check for quality, themes of the story and if the description seems interesting than I read the story.

_oinkchan

So, I am writting a novel and have pretty much half assed the discription( just me being the lazy that I am).
I've seen many novels with such half-assed discription. Also my story is an isekai that most people should be aware of so, I didn't think of putting more thought into discription.
Anyways, how much are you influenced after reading a dicription.( if you even bother to read it before jumping straight into the story.)
Also please check out my story.
HOW TO KILL A GODDESS OF ANOTHER 'EARTH'View attachment 10346
If a description doesn't interest me then I will never read it. So it's very important to me.

Redemit

The way it works for me is I read the title of the novel pretty darn important then I look at the cover art not that important if at all then I read the description most important then the tags 2nd most important the description is probably in my opinion the most important to actually get me to read the story and the tags 2nd to make sure I'll actually enjoy it

Yati

If a description is too bland or too generic, or is just a grammatical nightmare that I can't make sense off (I am very forgiving in general, just when it gets too bad)... I'll just pass to the next story that caught my eye.
On here it is the authors themselves that write it, and not some marketing team that probably did not even read the book past the first chapters, so it is not the same as a cover on a printed novel, and I most certainly will read it, and consider it part of the novel.

vish

Legendary Member
Well, I wouldn't even bother reading it if it doesn't have a description. Even if you suck at writing, a good description can ensure people atleast put it in their reading lists
So, i just took a look at your description, and its not half ass at all, its quite perfect actually, you cover all the points. As you said, since people know its isekai, there is no need to go in too depth into the plot.

But go a bit easy on those foot notes, keep them brief
Thanks for saying my Discription is perfect, it elated me actually.
It's my first time writing a novel and kinds of compliments are very supportive.
And also thanks all of you for your views on this topic. I may update it later to make it even a bit more interesting.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I love your discription please do some scapulation with just a bit of plevison

vish

Legendary Member
I love your discription please do some scapulation with just a bit of plevison
I'm grateful that you complimented me but I don't quite understand what you said in the later half of your sentence. =)

D

Deleted member 57675

Highly important; if synopsis/description is not interesting, I don't bother reading it.

Kitsura

The description should be like a cocktail dress. Shows enough legs that we are interested but hides enough that we are left wanting.