How much would you spend on your digital waifu/husband? (Poll)

Would you focus on the game or focus on your waifu/husbando?

• Ignore the waifu/husbando and beat the game ASAP!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Interact the bare minimum with the waifu/husbando and beat the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Work towards beating the game and interact with the waifu/husbando casually

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Spend a lot of time with the waifu/husbando but still work on beating the game

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Prioritize the waifu/husbando side-quests, and worry about beating the game later

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I play this game for my waifu/husband! I refuse to beat this game!

• I wouldn't play this game

• I'm unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not wish to respond

• Total voters

minacia

perpetually sour
:blob_evil_two:

Okay, so in this scenario the year is 2800 (the future!!) and you recently bought a game.
The game is kind of like Rune Factory / Stardew Valley in the sense that there's farming and killing monsters and stuff.
For some weird reason, you start the game with a waifu/husbando (it's part of the game's plot) which has pretty advanced AI. Your waifu/husbando says pretty interesting/fun/creative things and it's possible to hold in-depth conversations with your NPC spouse. For instance, you can talk about stuff that's completely unrelated to the game and other really profound stuff. That said, the game basically forces them onto you immediately when you started playing, so you don't exactly have much emotional attachment to them.
After the first 30 minutes of the game, the waifu/husbando has zero relevance to the gameplay.
They basically just become a NPC side character who is irrelevant to the advancement to the game, although they are always inside your house in the game.
There are a bunch of side-quests related to your waifu/husbando, which you read online on various guides/walkthroughs has no reward other than "make them happy". Consequently, a hardcore gamer might say that it's completely useless to waste thousands of game currency to please your digital waifu... when instead that money could instead be spent on getting better equipment and other practical gaming stuff to actually advance the game.
So here's the questions:

1. If you were playing this hypothetical game, what would your priorities be?

2. Would you focus on the game or focus on your waifu/husbando?

3. What if you really liked the waifu/husbando's character/personality? What if they sounded a lot like a real person?

4. What if you read a spoiler on a walkthrough that your waifu/husbando is guaranteed to be killed off as a plot development towards the end of the game. It's impossible to avoid the event because it's hardcoded. Would you intentionally not progress the game so your waifu/husbando won't die? Or would you enjoy the suffering of playing the game and seeing your waifu/husbando die? :blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_evil:

ScholarOccultCauldron

1. Game first, waifu second (it doesn't sound like you get to lewd the waifu)
2. Already said the Game, kinda redundant
3. That would be great, but you can't lewd the waifu, so the intimacy barrier can't be broken and the relationship taken to the next level
4. Can I unpack the game files and find the code for the high tech AI waifu? If I really like them, I would try that and keep them around. But still, gonna get that 100% completion. Maybe do a second playthrough where I keep the waifu.

Shadow_Tempest

1) Beat the game and then see what I can do about my waifu
2) On the game
3) Umm, idk, spend time with them ... After finishing the game, i.e
4) I want to finish the game. So I will finish the game. And if liked the waifu I will play anew and won't advance in the game.

ScholarOccultCauldron

If it was possible to lewd the waifu, would that change your response to any of the questions?
Yes. If you can lewd the waifu, then the waifu is the main part of the game. If you can't and it's just that you have a cool friend who happens to be a hot girl you can vibe with, maybe I'll focus them on the second playthrough.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
:blob_evil_two:

Okay, so in this scenario the year is 2800 (the future!!) and you recently bought a game.
The game is kind of like Rune Factory / Stardew Valley in the sense that there's farming and killing monsters and stuff.
For some weird reason, you start the game with a waifu/husbando (it's part of the game's plot) which has pretty advanced AI. Your waifu/husbando says pretty interesting/fun/creative things and it's possible to hold in-depth conversations with your NPC spouse. For instance, you can talk about stuff that's completely unrelated to the game and other really profound stuff. That said, the game basically forces them onto you immediately when you started playing, so you don't exactly have much emotional attachment to them.
After the first 30 minutes of the game, the waifu/husbando has zero relevance to the gameplay.
They basically just become a NPC side character who is irrelevant to the advancement to the game, although they are always inside your house in the game.
There are a bunch of side-quests related to your waifu/husbando, which you read online on various guides/walkthroughs has no reward other than "make them happy". Consequently, a hardcore gamer might say that it's completely useless to waste thousands of game currency to please your digital waifu... when instead that money could instead be spent on getting better equipment and other practical gaming stuff to actually advance the game.
So here's the questions:

1. If you were playing this hypothetical game, what would your priorities be?

2. Would you focus on the game or focus on your waifu/husbando?

3. What if you really liked the waifu/husbando's character/personality? What if they sounded a lot like a real person?

4. What if you read a spoiler on a walkthrough that your waifu/husbando is guaranteed to be killed off as a plot development towards the end of the game. It's impossible to avoid the event because it's hardcoded. Would you intentionally not progress the game so your waifu/husbando won't die? Or would you enjoy the suffering of playing the game and seeing your waifu/husbando die? :blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_evil:
games are meant for your own personal enjoyment. If you wanna spend money on a digital waifu, that's your choice. I ain't got a right to try and make you do otherwise, and neither does anyone else. We can judge you for it, but that's all

Its like with lootboxes. I think every one who complains about lootboxes in any game needs to shut the fuck up and realize no one is forcing anyone to buy those lootboxes. So what, exactly, is their problem? If a person buys lootboxes,let them. As long as its THEIR OWN MONEY and they aren't stealing their parents' cards to pay for them (@ohmyriley looking at you here, you damn gacha addict), its fine. Let people spend their money how they damn well please.

Im not going to chastise you for wasting money on a digital waifu, so don't you condemn ME for buying a three speed vibrating ass model with internal heating. Let me buy my fleshlights in peace, goddammit!