Writing How should the word "C*nt" Be used?

Anti-Jarron7

I have this character of mine that has the habit of swearing almost every time he opens his mouth to talk. Thus, as a non-native English speaker, I decided to search for a list of swear words in order to know whether I'm doing good work or not. It was then that I saw the word "Cunt" in the list, and pondered in what types of situations should it be used.
I already know somewhat its meaning, but I don't know whether the situations I thought about should be appropriate for the word to appear, or whether the word even applies in that context. That's why, English native speakers, please enlighten me!

I could appreciate it a lot (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

hauntedwritings

I'm sure there are members here that know the arts of swearing better than me here, but oh well. Not a native english speaker however, but I'll be a smartass and give my take on it nonetheless.

Other than for it's literal meaning, the word "Cunt" is to my knowledge and experience, used as either a contemptous insult or simply as a vulgar substitution for another word (which sound like it might be what you're looking for).

Swear words should generally follow regular sentence structure. As "Cunt" is a noun, then it should be used as a noun. Examples: "What is the little cunt saying?", "Don't be a cunt." or "He's a funny cunt."

Triskele_Lynx

Be careful with this one, as some people find it highly offensive.

That being said, I'd like to see the original meeting reclaimed.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
only Australians say cunt, and they use it every other sentence

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
@CupcakeNinja @BenJepheneT Please bestow us with the art of colorful language.
The word cunt is merely a sentence enhancer, to be used to illustrate a point. The point being, that the person you call a cunt is being downright childish or unreasonable. You are not mocking a person by calling them a cunt, rather, you are telling them exactly what they are. There is such a thing as "cunt behaviour" and you would be amiss off you were to let a cunt pass you by without educating then upon the fact that they are, indeed, a cunt. Otherwise they can never learn to better themselves

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
my tip for anyone wanting to learn the best use of swears is to watch zero punctuation

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I usually use it when my character or another character is insulting a woman. Not every time since there are a plethora of female-typical insults. But "cunt", even from personal experience and not just in writing, is usually used against a woman in much the same way "bitch" is.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
The word cunt is merely a sentence enhancer, to be used to illustrate a point. The point being, that the person you call a cunt is being downright childish or unreasonable. You are not mocking a person by calling them a cunt, rather, you are telling them exactly what they are. There is such a thing as "cunt behaviour" and you would be amiss off you were to let a cunt pass you by without educating then upon the fact that they are, indeed, a cunt. Otherwise they can never learn to better themselves
:blob_hmm_two: I see, I see.

One reply stated that cunt was similar to asshole, but following your definition, it’s not quite like that.
What would be the most mocking/insulting word in your repertoire?

Discount_Blade

Be careful with this one, as some people find it highly offensive.

That being said, I'd like to see the original meeting reclaimed.

I'm always amazed at how everyone thinks everyone is supposed to cater to them and what they find "offensive". It's pathetic really. If you can't handle a word, then you aren't an adult or even mature and should not be online by yourself in the first place.

And no, it's not about being "polite." It's about people like this dictating what others can and can't speak so they can make EVERYTHING their safe space, regardless of how anyone else feels about it. It's selfish and so they can go and get bent. Fuck those kind of people and anyone else who thinks and agrees with them.

gogo7966

I'm always amazed at how everyone thinks everyone is supposed to cater to them and what they find "offensive". It's pathetic really. If you can't handle a word, then you aren't an adult or even mature and should not be online by yourself in the first place.

And no, it's not about being "polite." It's about people like this dictating what others can and can't speak so they can make EVERYTHING their safe space, regardless of how anyone else feels about it. It's selfish and so they can go and get bent. Fuck those kind of people and anyone else who thinks and agrees with them.
or maybe you could stop being such a fucking cunt and stop calling people things they don't want to be called

Discount_Blade

or maybe you could stop being such a fucking cunt and stop calling people things they don't want to be called
Or, you could grow the fuck up and stop expecting everyone to be nice and sunny darlings. There are people that suck, and they will say what they like when they like, and fuck you if you don't like it.

And again, little shitstains (like you apparently if I'm catching your drift right) who think they can dictate what someone else gets to say, can as I said earlier, get bent.

gogo7966

Or, you could grow the fuck up and stop expecting everyone to be nice and sunny darlings. There are people that suck, and they will say what they like when they like, and fuck you if you don't like it.

And again, little shitstains (like you apparently if I'm catching your drift right) who think they can dictate what someone else gets to say, can as I said earlier, get bent.
the only one getting bent here is you fuckface

Discount_Blade

the only one getting bent here is you fuckface
Not really. I'm pretty comfortable with myself and feel no need to "get bent". Lemme know how that works out for you though. Cunt.

And there, child, is one way to use Cunt.

gogo7966

Not really. I'm pretty comfortable with myself and feel no need to "get bent". Lemme know how that works out for you though. Cunt.
And there, child, is one way to use Cunt.
i'm going to beat you over the head with a metal rod

Discount_Blade

i'm going to beat you over the head with a metal rod
Lol ok? Want me to message you my address? Tell me yours if its more convenient. In fact, I'm a historian and travel frequently. I can meet you if you wish. Ass-kickings tend to be cheaper than plane tickets so I'll buy. I've played this little game before. Never found any takers though. Everyone's a tough guy/gal until it comes time to actually pay up.

gogo7966

Lol ok? Want me to message you my address? Tell me yours if its more convenient. In fact, I'm a historian and travel frequently. I can meet you if you wish. Ass-kickings tend to be cheaper than plane tickets so I'll buy. I've played this little game before. Never found any takers though. Everyone's a tough guy/gal until it comes time to actually pay up.
then lets meet at karolindelund aalborg

gogo7966

You're in luck. I'll be in Amsterdam next week and Amsterdam has a regular flight service from there to Aalborg. Is Billund or Aalborg cheaper?
wouldn't know, never taken a plane