How to find deleted books?

GreenKazoo

I've noticed recently that the book 'demonslayer: light of the sun' got deleted and the author deleted their account... is there any way to find the book again or to contact the author?

D

Deleted member 45782

Only other way is maybe if the author had posted their same work on several different sites and didn't take it off from those other sites yet, so you can find their stories there. But otherwise, I think a deleted story and deleted author means its deleted deleted, you won't find it again unless the author decides to join back on sh and post it again.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
That's like saying, "How to find recycled files in my recycle bin?"

You can't do that. The books are already deleted and deleted books from readers activity doesn't show the name of the author because the author is the only person who knows of that deleted book. In the first place, why are you inquiring about this kind of obvious question? Have you deleted your own book?

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
*Me who has more deleted novels than most of the publish ones*

..... We don't do that around here.

Once its been tossed into the void, the void don't spit it back out.

On a side note, I can republish the deleted ones but the Eldrich ones trade offers are kinda..... weird..... me no like to eat spider legs after one god took a particular liking to it....

lambchap

Only other way is maybe if the author had posted their same work on several different sites and didn't take it off from those other sites yet, so you can find their stories there. But otherwise, I think a deleted story and deleted author means its deleted deleted, you won't find it again unless the author decides to join back on sh and post it again.
Try looking in other sites, RoyalRoadLegends, Webnovel, Wattpad, Tapas, author's personal website, etc.

Edit: who knows but you can also take chances in sifting through the NU Originals Forum, Sub-reddits, SufficientVelocity, etc.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I've noticed recently that the book 'demonslayer: light of the sun' got deleted and the author deleted their account... is there any way to find the book again or to contact the author?
Have you tried to archive it? I mean, once on the net, it can never be removed.

Reactions: S10

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
If the author went through the hassle to delete rather than leave it in hiatus, they might not want it to be available to anyone sadly

S10

That's like saying, "How to find recycled files in my recycle bin?"

You can't do that. The books are already deleted and deleted books from readers activity doesn't show the name of the author because the author is the only person who knows of that deleted book. In the first place, why are you inquiring about this kind of obvious question? Have you deleted your own book?
That's is a bad analogy as you can find it using recovery tools but it will take time and effort and you need to hope you aren't dealing with a ssd that has TRIM.

Though it's also a good analogy time and effort wise.

You may find the work on other sites or archive sites or ask around and see if anyone made a saved copy of it.

D

Deleted member 45782

Try looking in other sites, RoyalRoadLegends, Webnovel, Wattpad, Tapas, author's personal website, etc.

Edit: who knows but you can also take chances in sifting through the NU Originals Forum, Sub-reddits, SufficientVelocity, etc.
Yep. Agreed.