How to reach a wider audience on scribblehub?

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Huh? No, I mean ugly monsters are generally considered sexier.
I mean I can understand where you are coming from...but don't you feel like tackling the unknown? Walking the event horizon?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Zui Shuai (Most handsome) was born as a handsome baby, blessed by the gods. His parents kowtowed at the sight of his visage of handsomeness. That day spring rain arrived, downpouring handsomeness into this world.
--
Ox beast: I will kill you.
Zui Shuai: Come at me, handsome beast!
Ox beast (blushes): What, even my parents haven't called me that!
Zui Shuai: Well now you know.
--
Rival: I will have my revenge.
Zui Shuai: I shall await, handsome rival!
Rival (blushes): What, even my partner refuses to acknowledge that!
Zui Shuai: It is but the truth.
--
Princess(male): Zui Shuai! (cries)
Zui Shuai: I have come to your aid, your handsomeness(highness)!
Princess(male) (blushes): What, no one has ever told me such bold words before.
Zui Shuai: Your handsomeness is boundless and pure!
--
Master: So, it has come that you have surpassed me...
Zui Shuai: Master, your view of the dao is flawed. Separating good and evil, right and wrong. I believe everything including good and evil to be handsome. Because my dao is truly handsome.
Dao (blushes).
Master (shocked): What, but good and evil... Handsome and ugly...
Zui Shuai: Ugliness only hides in one's heart, reflected in one's eyes. My heart is handsome, and so all shall be handsome. Including you, master.
Master (blushes): Zui Shuai...I have seen the handsomest. (bows)

---
Memes aside. This would be a pretty funny oneshot.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I mean I can understand where you are coming from...but don't you feel like tackling the unknown? Walking the event horizon?

I tackle the unknown everyday....

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
My take on this was, well I have seen your book before. I kind of know what to expect, but I am not tempted to open it. I always say this to anyone that wants to write a book including myself. Fulfill 3 criteria:
1. A catchy cover
2. A catchy title
3. A catchy synopsis

I do not find much problems with your writing style, it is already above the large proportion of the mindless junk food available here. I am one who prefers to write and read slowly progressing plots. Yet, your book which I opened when it was under Latest Series had 0/3 of my criteria fulfilled (of course that is by my preference as a reader). Therefore, let us not talk about even opening the first chapter. I already assumed you would face difficulty in having people open the page to even read your synopsis since your title and cover were not that attractive (to me) back then.

In your opinion (and everyone else's) is this a better cover?

D

Deleted member 45782

Hard to find good fonts. I can always go back and change the font once I find something more suitable. Glad to hear it's a better cover :)
It also depends on placement too. Your author's name is a bit hard to read where its placed.
I understand picking the different fonts thu.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
In your opinion (and everyone else's) is this a better cover?

Definitely a bigger improvement on the cover. It is no longer bland and difficult to read the title. But yeah the previous person mentioned that your name could be more conspicuous, though in my opinion is not that big of a problem as your previous cover.

JM_Webb

Paladin "Enthusiast"
Definitely a bigger improvement on the cover. It is no longer bland and difficult to read the title. But yeah the previous person mentioned that your name could be more conspicuous, though in my opinion is not that big of a problem as your previous cover.
Definitely gonna move the name around once I can find a good (free) font.

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
One move I suggest you don't do if you don't want to become an enemy of the community here is to go to social media. It's risky because if your novel gets famous around the internet, people will flock to the source, which is here. I've seen some comments that SH is home to some genres that others might see as controversy material. Whether it be smut, ecchi, harem, etc. The social justice warriors won't stop until you're chewed out like with many of the people they've forced to quit (and I hope that vtubers will stop being harassed by those jackasses).

If they DO flock here, they'll see the mentioned genres and attack everyone in here with a care in the world, without a reason at all other than clout chasing.

Still, while I can't read your novel due to personal circumstances revolving around my life and safety, I've seen comments here wherein people ACTUALLY LOVE your novel, and it makes me happy to see that there are talented people like you, do what they want and get commended for it (unless you're an ass, which I hope you aren't). So, whatever happens, good luck!

Jayrayme6

I wrote a gutter trash smut novel with barely a few chapters on another account and I gained 1 thousand reads compared to this novel that I'm putting my heart and soul into. (around 100 reads thus far) I just wanted to try the experiment to see if it really mattered, and it seemed that it does. I think that you're fighting an uphill battle and should try to market it locally to find niche reachers that you could know personally and sell directly to them. I might write another story after this one but I doubt that it'll be smut considering that I don't have a huge passion for the genre despite it selling better.

zechamp

I think your work could definitely find success on RoyalRoad, with the main caveat being that you have to get on the rising stars page if you really want to accelerate your growth. I've talked with quite a few authors, and a lot of them have already finished their book by the time they start posting it. Having a rapid release schedule in the first few weeks can give you a nice burst of % growth, which is the prime metric to getting on rising stars. The general consensus I've seen recently is to have at least 20 chapters ready to go by the time you start posting.

Your cover and blurb are pretty good, so those shouldn't be a hinderance to any growth. You can also try trading shoutouts with other authors, bringing some attention to your own story. I don't really know much about achieving success on SH, so can't comment on that. If writing speed is a major obstacle, you can try shortening your chapters (unless that really messes with things). 2 1500 word chapters has double the visibility of one 3000 word chapter.