Writing How to stop writing?

Suczka

It comes off to me as not knowing where you want to go with your story,
If I didn't knew where I want to go with my story I wouldn't knew that some things do not fit it.

Go through the start, the MC, their motivation and goal, and what you want the story to end with.
I have most of those things figured out more or less. Problem is with filling the specifics.
Years ago I was writing different things for different sites. Than I purged all of that, to be better human.
And as some people while playing Skyrim always end as stealth archer, I tend to deviate to old patterns.

how to continue writing and get motivated while snoring in my sleep.
use this device https://laughingsquid.com/japanese-...can-visualize-dreams-based-on-brain-activity/ record output and than just convert video to text :)

The point Winter made about not being passionate about the story you're writing is, in my opinion, absolutely correct, and that's why it makes you angry.
1713273585524.png

you need to tell all the little ideas that pop up to take a hike.
but how?

is the very beginning of the editing process, and it seems to be a step that you're skipping.
hmm... I thought that I'm stuck at this step.
Could you elaborate so i could better understand what you mean by that?
Because by editing you mean something else than formatting text so it looks nice?

There's no reason to listen to any of us in what we suggest, especially me.
I disagree. Many authors who published many books each containing tens or hundreds of chapters, may be so well in their writing workshop that they may not comprehend problems of beginners. I rather listen to someone who tells me how they are struggling with problems and how they deal with them than to useless posts like that:
Discipline.
Yes Salius I know that later you wrote more and even some helpful things that I will have to think over.
Yet this one word reply was useless.
Me: I have problems with discipline. How go you guys deal with that?
You: Discipline.
Me: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That said i know that Winter, Sailus and Envy, and other pros on this site may have their set of problems.
But those problems may be abstract to someone on such low level as I am.
I'v seen here discussions that made me wish "I want to be such a good writer to have at least half of those problems" ;)

All you have to do to be a self proclaimed casual writer is just upload a chapter even if it’s the only one
Ok so I write a short one chapter story. Publish it to officially be an author.
Than continue to write my original story.
Understood.

SailusGebel

Yes Salius I know that later you wrote more and even some helpful things that I will have to think over.
Yet this one word reply was useless.
Me: I have problems with discipline. How go you guys deal with that?
You: Discipline.
Me: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That said i know that Winter, Sailus and Envy, and other pros on this site may have their set of problems.
But those problems may be abstract to someone on such low level as I am.
I'v seen here discussions that made me wish "I want to be such a good writer to have at least half of those problems" ;)
I am not a pro.

Suczka

So to sum up what was written here.
  1. My first idea is never good enough to be remembered, much less to be written down, or written about.
  2. If I had a second idea I was not passionate enough to write about the first one and I should abandon it.
  3. The second idea is technically the first idea of a new story so back to point 1.

Maybe I should just give up?

SailusGebel

My first idea is never good enough to be remembered, much less to be written down, or written about.
Wrong.
If I had a second idea I was not passionate enough to write about the first one and I should abandon it.
Wrong.
The second idea is technically the first idea of a new story so back to point 1.
Wrong.
Maybe I should just give up?
Maybe you should, since you go from one extreme to another.