How to write/ feel losing/ lost emotion

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I suddenly recalled a KR with an apathetic grown-in-a-testtube MC who got isekai as he was getting the electric chair for massacre. The first boss he fought was a warrior who cannot feel happiness but was immortal, the way the boss was killed was by having him feel joy, which was just MC giving the big guy a worthy battle and end.

And then I recalled the works of Ion's clone's words (https://www.scribblehub.com/read/35...ts-reincarnation-as-a-goddess/chapter/631429/) about how she was implanted with servitude to the main body and felt revolted.

My question is, what is it like to only feel joy and happiness?

Because google is not helping me as feeling no emotions is being numb, feeling only negatives is anhedonia and the most I can find when keying in only feeling joy are either stupid inspirational quoted and toxic positivity...

Ffs why do we need toxic *insert something to blame* in everything?

Back to topic, how to write a character that has no specific emotions. For example, a person who only knows hatred and revenge who can never find love and happiness even if there are people who are willing to be with him. Or another example, a person unable to feel sad or loss when talking about having their loved ones gone, but it is permanent. Or another example from Ion's clone case, only feeling joy at that one specific person, no matter what that person do to you.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I would go about it like this:

Feeling only joy and happiness:

I would make a character that is aware of the fact that he/she is different from the rest. He/She tries to blend in and hide it. Always watching others to know when he/she should display the fake sad/concerned/worrying expression. But in reality, he/she does not even feel that. Instead, let's say, he/she saws an accident or robbery. He/She finds it amusing like we would an action film. He/she may even be happy for the robbers that they could succeed and get away. Maybe he/she even feels happy for the victim in a twisted way.

Now, from there you could write it multiple ways. Explore how the character dwells into a kind of madness, becoming a villain. Or, how the MC tries to deal with it to make the story about his/her journey to become capable of other feelings.

I can think of more but this was the first that came to mind. Also it depends on the story's setting, fantasy, sci-fi, modern-day, slice of life, etc,

ChaosGodOfJashin

The Chaos God of The Towers
I suddenly recalled a KR with an apathetic grown-in-a-testtube MC who got isekai as he was getting the electric chair for massacre. The first boss he fought was a warrior who cannot feel happiness but was immortal, the way the boss was killed was by having him feel joy, which was just MC giving the big guy a worthy battle and end.

And then I recalled the works of Ion's clone's words (https://www.scribblehub.com/read/35...ts-reincarnation-as-a-goddess/chapter/631429/) about how she was implanted with servitude to the main body and felt revolted.

Because google is not helping me as feeling no emotions is being numb, feeling only negatives is anhedonia and the most I can find when keying in only feeling joy are either stupid inspirational quoted and toxic positivity...

Back to topic, how to write a character that has no specific emotions. For example, a person who only knows hatred and revenge who can never find love and happiness even if there are people who are willing to be with him. Or another example, a person unable to feel sad or loss when talking about having their loved ones gone, but it is permanent. Or another example from Ion's clone case, only feeling joy at that one specific person, no matter what that person do to you.
The perfect example for a character that only knows anger/revenge is.. well Kratos

RobotWrite.exe

Realistically, a persons emotions naturally deviate towards a baseline neutral emotion. Where that baseline is depends on their emotional health.

Translated to normal speak, a person who is depressed will naturally find themselves becoming unhappy over a period of time. But that doesn't mean they can't be happy. That means they can still laugh at a joke, but depending on how depressed they are, they'll naturally drop down to unhappiness in seconds.

On the flip side, if someone where to have difficulty feeling negative emotions, it could be written that they recover from being unhappy in seconds, even when the situation would otherwise be inappropriate.

As a side note, autistic people often have odd emotional responses. I once read an autobiography where, when hearing about the death of a relative, the author would become happy. Not because he should celebrate the others death, but his thought process led him to celebrate the reminder of his own continued survival. Perhaps Ion's clone could be described as something similar, with their thought processes artificially altered to find ways to validate anything done to them so that they would feel joy.

TotallyHuman

About feeling only joy and happiness - that seems awfully close to Buddhist enlightenment, so read up on that. There should be many descriptions. Well, it's not exactly that, more like how Gods are supposed to feel, called "pleasant distraction" but that surely doesn't have too much coverage.
About other emotions. Read up on depression, mania and other mental conditions that should help a bit.