how'd you get that MOTIVATION

Lumberbot

I mean at some point, you just don't wanna anymore.

how'd keeps on pushing forward?

D

Deleted member 54065

Self-discipline, and not looking at the readers' view count.

When I started writing seriously, I told myself that I want to finish what I will write and studied my writing behavior. Once I learned my strengths and weaknesses, I adapted myself to those.

Also, I learned not to look at readers' view count. My goal is to tell a story, anyway, with or without a reader. But I always made sure that those who'd stick with my work will never regret it.

Readers' Feedback? I separate those that are useful from useless. Useful ones are those that can help me improve my work based on my initial plans to the story. Useless ones are, well, useless (mostly personal preferences of the readers).

Now, I'm currently on my 18th book. And I have proof to show: just check my signature. All the books I can show are listed there.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
The motivation comes and goes. Stay dedicated to the project and sit down to write, even if you don't want to. That's at least how I get through it. It helps to have a certain goal. For example, let's say you want to write a scene but need to build up in order to get there. It will take a while but once you reach it establish a new scene that you want to write. In my experience, you feel more accomplished and fulfilled this way.

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Spam your readers! Spam them like there is no tomorrow! Let them binge!

Reading every day also helps.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Mastubation, and imagining the scene from my story got animated by mappa.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Here's what I came up with after seeing millions of fucking inspirational videos.

KNOW WHO THE HELL YOU ARE

Do you want to succeed in writing?
Or do you NEED to succeed in writing?

If you just want it, you should reconsider why would you want to push yourself to write more and more, for the slight dopamine that someone might leave a comment stroking your dick saying you're a good writer when deep down you know that you're mundane or at least above average compared to middle schoolers? There is no reason to be motivated and write more, know where and who you are and sit down and enjoy the process, close your eyes and shut your ears to write, or just lay down, have a sleep and do something else, don't feel guilty.

If you NEED it, like, you can not fail, you spend your school time writing shits and now have no future, you're a failure and your only hope is to be noticed in writing and possibly make money. Then you would, you would definitely learn by yourself in just a blink of an eye how to strap your neck onto a chair and write until your fingers bleed, you would try everything, from white noise, to background music, to a prostitute for 200.000VND/night slapping you everytime you check Facebook instead of being on the draft. You would know exactly how to force your tiny little brain that's so rotten by short attention span feeding Tiktoks and Reels to work. Fuck your brain, the only thing now is your hand, whip that stupid brain of yours with a whip and tell it to stop crying and start thinking of plots and way to write.

That's it.

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
"Doing today what the others aren't willing to do, so I can do tomorrow what they can't" - SUN TZU 21 years old CEO

SailusGebel

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
You gotta just do it. Any reason you make up for not doing it and distractions are the enemy. If you wanna do it, you gotta do it. Though, finding the will to do it is different for everyone.

Change how you think about it. It’s not that you have to write. It’s that you get to write.

Premier

We do lots of things we’re not motivated to do. Writing can just be one more thing.

If you only want to write when you feel like it then you have to accept your output won't be steady. If you have a patreon though, you have to write even on days you don't want to.

J_Chemist

what am I gonna do, cry about it? If it needs to be done and I have to do it, it ain't gonna do itself.

CamilleCrow

I just accumulate it all up and once the writing juice's empty, i'm doing other stuff until i wanna write again.
aka im vibin

2wordsperminute

I just want to finish my story, and I know if I don't write that won't happen (ignore the 2 month break I took, that definitely didn't happen no way).

Enkiari

S P I T E
Oh, this definitely helps. There is this really popular writer who I think is shit.
I read his stories and decided I could and would do better.

Well, that is not why I stick to it. I just like writing.
I have been doing 2k words per day for the past six months (mostly, I missed a week or two). I forced it to become a habit.
That would be my advice.
Also - don't be afraid to drop or cut short a story. They don't always work out.