Hwah! Wachah! Kapow!

What is the best fighting move that you don't get enough in fiction?

• Total voters

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
There are a lot of ways to physically attack, and some of them, personally, I don't think are done nearly enough. For me, those are biting attacks and the unique ways that they can both be carried out, but also how restrictive they are. I definitely could not cover anywhere near all of them, as violence is, as ever, thoroughly explored by humankind. I think I got, at most, 0.1% of the various attacks, and I am interested in seeing what ones you would be interested in seeing for those who choose "Other" as their option.

TheMonotonePuppet

more axe stuff should be used in my extremely unbiased opinion
I agree though. Axe fighting is underutilized, and when it is used, not much thought is put into it either. It's always "hack" and maaaybe "block" or "parry".

TheMonotonePuppet

Something involving hooks, also grappling or controlling movement/forcing enemy to maneuver.
Yeah! Like Corvus from The Dragon Prince or the mercenary from Jackal Among Snakes! They use chains, but not enough detail is done with those either. I want the chains described in glorious detail and the hooks catching on various body parts, and pulled in separate directions like ants pulling at a large insect's legs until they break it apart! There was some glorious grappling fighting moves in this Speed Run to Godhood book on RR or whatever it was called. I loved the unique take so much!!! I want more grappling!

TheMonotonePuppet

Imma quote Denji and say you have to always kick em in the balls! Seriously, not enough ball busters in fiction, but that's because using it rids you of all honor.
Agreed! Never enough ball busters!

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I am voting axe swing and other. The other is giant bonk stick (club) slam into someone. Insert any giant weapon like a great hammer and smash on someone's head.

TheMonotonePuppet

I am voting axe swing and other. The other is giant bonk stick (club) slam into someone. Insert any giant weapon like a great hammer and smash on someone's head.
That is a BIG hammer. Jeepers, peepers! I want more people with oversized weapons and the hijinks that should ensue when you have an oversized weapon.