Hwah! Wachah! Kapow!

What is the best fighting move that you don't get enough in fiction?

• Total voters

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Pommel smash. Warpick's to the head. Palm to the nose/chin. Knee and Elbow. (Polearm's) Shaft Work and constant manipulation of weapon. Thumbs and fingers dig INTO the ears/eyes/nose/mouth. Madman's furry (bonus if injured and doped up on adrenaline and didn't realize their injured). Knife rush. Ax hook. Shield bash with the rim.

Just a few off the top of my head. I love unconventional fighting too. Oh, spit to the face during swords bind!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Full counter. I think I saw it in 7 deadly sins or something.
I don't know if that's necessarily a physical attack. I could be wrong, since I haven't watched Seven Deadly Sins, but I believe it's more of an underlying ability that can lead to physical force if someone uses a physical attack on you. The line is thin, but there, I think.

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
Vibration attack? I haven't seen a lot of sound-based attack much. The only one who did decent enough was Record of Ragnarok where tesla fought against that Lord of Flies I forgot that person's name is.

Been a fan of sound attack, so maybe I am bias.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Vibration attack? I haven't seen a lot of sound-based attack much. The only one who did decent enough was Record of Ragnarok where tesla fought against that Lord of Flies I forgot that person's name is.

Been a fan of sound attack, so maybe I am bias.
Sound attacks are so, if I am saying it correctly, totally based!

J_Chemist

Eye gouging. Throat crushing. Reversing joints strikes (kicking the knee cap or hyper extending the elbow). Bashing in teeth.

Stuff like that is rather nice to see when it shows up.

Edit: To add- buttstock to the face. That's a good one.

Last edited: