I’m an idiot………..

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
This is a post where we can laugh at each others shared stupidity. Just post a story of something stupid you did recently. Something that is like ‘seriously why didn’t you do that before?’ Well then I will start off.

Today I was the final day of my college’s Thanksgiving vacation. Since I can’t drive, and forgot my phone in my dorm, my brother decided to drop me off in the cold morning. (~7:30a.m.) It was about 28 degrees Fahrenheit (~0 Celsius). When we arrived I grabbed two shopping bags filled with my ‘luggage’, my tablet, and headphones. I then quickly ran to my dorms door as my brother drove away. I put on headphones and a mask to keep my ears and face warm, I forgot a hat. I quickly entered the vestibule doors.( a small buffer room to keep heat from leaving.) I was pulling out my I.D. to unlock the lobby door, when I saw a sign on it that read: ‘Sorry, we are closed for housekeeping. We will be open at 1pm. Call ********** for help.’ My heart sunk, I shivered and walked away, deciding to see if the campus library or any building was open.

It was about a minute later that I realized I forgot to check the door. ‘I will check the side door, it is closer than the front door now.’ I hurried my pace and then checked it. I used my campus I.D. to try to unlock the door, I heard a buzzing. Then I tried to open the door. It was locked. I tried again, shifting my ‘luggage’ to free up my hand, and it was still locked. ‘Back to plan A then.’ I thought while continuing to walk to the library. It was cold, both of my hands were exposed, so I pulled my one exposed hand into my coat’s sleeve.

I passed many buildings with no lights on, and my heart sank more. My glasses began to fog as I scouted potential benches just in case. As I approached the library, I saw no light on through the windows. I sighed and continued walking. Maybe the student union was open. It was not. I found a bench that had warm sunlight and no wind hitting it. I sat down and distracted myself from the cold by listening to chapters, my glasses were to fogged up to read without it.

I read there for an hour, until the wind shifted and became unbearable. It had warmed up somewhat significantly to ~45 degrees F (~7C). I tried to see if there were any other warm spots to sit with no avail. I sighed as I moved to my dorm building. There was a small wooden picnic table in front of the main entrance that was decently protected from the wind. I decided that I would sit and wait there and if it got to cold I would enter the vestibule to warm up.

I read for another hour sometimes at the table, sometimes in the vestibule. I switched maybe 5 times. I had just sat down when someone left the building. I was surprised and looked back. It was another student. As they walked away I hung my head down in shame, picked up my luggage, unlocked the door, hurried to the elevator, and entered my room. Time outside in the cold = 2 hours 30 minutes. Times in the vestibule from which I could enter the lobby = 7. Times I unlocked the lobby door = 1.

….
…………
………………………….

I searched what the buffer between the lobby and outside was, found out it was called a vestibule.

DarklyReadsBooks

I do not make mistakes, with that being said, my mortal incarnation has made some rather... interesting mistakes. He didn't bring any entertainment on a trip to japan, from the U.S.