I cannot fix my sleeping schedule.

Tananas143

What I usually do is try to stay up as long as possible and then go to sleep, I do this and then extend the time I stay up each day to longer and longer(maybe hour increments or whatever you think you can handle). At the same time, I get up earlier and earlier. Do this until you are at the sleep routine you want.

Spica66

What I usually do is try to stay up as long as possible and then go to sleep, I do this and then extend the time I stay up each day to longer and longer(maybe hour increments or whatever you think you can handle). At the same time, I get up earlier and earlier. Do this until you are at the sleep routine you want.
I tried, but it keeps coming back to the same.

Tananas143

I tried, but it keeps coming back to the same.
Ahh...I can understand. Do you know how many times, I used that trick lol. The thing that’s destroys my sleep schedule are those damn cliffhangers. Once I get through one another pops up! Sigh... STAY STRONG 💪!

Jemini

I have some solutions to this sort of problem, but before I offer anything I need to know what your work situation is and how it relates to your schedule.

Horizon42

It's almost 6 AM, but I'm awake af. Send help!
Some people are just night people. As long as you don't have to wake up early, then it's ok.

But if you're staying up for 72 hours like I do sometimes, then you're not ok. Someone needs to take away the gallons of iced coffee you have in the fridge.

Last edited:

Spica66

I have some solutions to this sort of problem, but before I offer anything I need to know what your work situation is and how it relates to your schedule.
I binge or get cliffhangers everyday.

Edit: Serious answer: My schedule is tight, but I want time for myself. So many things I want to do that it doesn't fit a day.

I have hypersomnia which I require lots of sleeping hour. I need 12+ hours to feel refreshed. 2-8 hours still tired, so I often chose to sleep less because I would feel the same.

Because of these, sleep around 4-5 AM.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Some people are just night people. As long as you don't have to wake up early, then it's ok.

But if you're staying up for 72 hours like I do sometimes, then you're not ok. Someone needs to take away your gallons of iced coffee you have in the fridge.
More like take away all those interesting stories we've been reading and watching up til past midnite. :sneaky:

Jemini

I binge or get cliffhangers everyday.

Edit: Serious answer: My schedule is tight, but I want time for myself. So many things I want to do that it doesn't fit a day.

I have hypersomnia which I require lots of sleeping hours. I need 12+ hours to feel refreshed. 2-8 hours still tired, so I often sleep less.

Ok, well... that makes potential solutions very difficult. I guess I don't have a gentle solution to give then, I would recommend taking a nap for a few hours after getting home from work. Make that a consistent part of your routine, and that after-work nap will gradually start getting longer while you feel your need for sleep at night getting shorter. Eventually, you just don't worry about sleep at night because your afternoon nap has extended well into the evening.

Once things progress to this point, you just turn the afternoon into the time you actually go to sleep, and then you allow that "afternoon bedtime" to start shifting later and later until you are suddenly going to bed at something you consider a reasonable time for it.

I have used this kind of solution for myself several times. As that implies, it is not a permanent solution. However, it does work for at least a little while.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Write your own version of 'the adventures of meepman in meepuniverse' and feel compelled to drop it and forgot it exist by sleeping.

Set an alarm when you're going to sleep and stop watching 3AM youtube videos!!