I can't even surpass a story that updates zero times a week and only has three chapters

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
When I started posting, I was the runt of the litter. My story was lagging behind every single one that started alongside mine. But I kept going without stopping. Now, just 5 months later of constant writing whenever I had any free time at all, I am approaching quarter-million views.

RimuThighHighs

I honestly feel that I'm just incredibly lucky that my story got traction when I started posting a year ago. I began the novel on a whim and gave it a ridiculous light novel title before rebranding earlier this year. I'm approaching 100 chapters and writing for the sake of writing. All i can say is that hope you can stick with it and eventually something will catch on.

I also think a lot of it has to do with me being featured on trending a lot when i first got started which was completely out of my control. You've gained a reader and a follower, have a great day bro.

Attachments

• image_2021-11-05_221038.png
    image_2021-11-05_221038.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 50

FGCCheckmate

I honestly feel that I'm just incredibly lucky that my story got traction when I started posting a year ago. I began the novel on a whim and gave it a ridiculous light novel title before rebranding earlier this year. I'm approaching 100 chapters and writing for the sake of writing. All i can say is that hope you can stick with it and eventually something will catch on.

I also think a lot of it has to do with me being featured on trending a lot when i first got started which was completely out of my control. You've gained a reader and a follower, have a great day bro.
Congrats on the hard work, you've definitely earned it!
And thanks so much for the follow. Means a lot!

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Unfortunately, it's not quite like Royal Road. I think it's two separate accounts for the forums and site.

Yet they have the same password??? Yeah the login is definitely weird, and I'd be shocked if your forum name was allowed to not equal your SH name ..... Unless it IS.... in which case idfk ffnoffnjwoiew

The fact that forum and SH central are so different is aggravating though, if true (I'm not saying I don't believe YOU. I'm saying I scarcely believe SH doing this with their rfjworgorgjw fraaak.)

And not quoting many people in particular, but yes, this exactly. I make one off-shoot parody chapter, and it gets a ton more traction than the actual work I'm trying to grind out for NaNoWriMo. Fortunately, it's because I'm writing for NNWO that I'm continuing, but damn if the grind doesn't get dull somedays.