I don’t know how this mashup works, but it does…

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Yeah, this works somehow, of course it was done by Neil so what should I expect. On that note, do you have anything that at first glance seems to be a shitpost, but actually works as a good pice of art on its own?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

Found the artist with the second vid, but liked the first one more.

Last edited:

Jemini

Yeah, this works somehow, of course it was done by Neil so what should I expect. On that note, do you have anything that at first glance seems to be a shitpost, but actually works as a good pice of art on its own?

It's not a music mash-up, but... Sci-fi cultivation worlds. That shouldn't work, but somehow it does, incredibly well. I've only seen it once, a story called "Super Gene," but after seeing what worked with that series and WHY it worked, I think it's entirely replicateable, and quite easily so.

The reason why the mash-up of the Sci-fi and cultivation world genres works is because the Sci-fi part of it corrects for everything about cultivation worlds that gets exhausting and infuriating, the biggest culprit being the unjust accusations and death warrants on people just for self-defense. Well, a Sci-fi setting means that a modern criminal justice system and proper investigations are a thing, and that defeats such tired old plots in their infancy.