I have written 106 stories!

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
53 on AO3, 24 here on Scribble Hub, 16 on Smashwords, which will come here on Scribble Hub eventually. So far, I just have the first moved. Updating once per day is slow. And 13 on DeviantArt! When I started writing three years ago, I thought that the number 100 will take me my whole life to reach. But I went way past that number without even noticing.
Next goal: 200 stories!
Now the new ultimate goal of 1,000 stories doesn't seem so far away. I might need to up it one day.
Happy writing, everyone!
(No, I don't have them all in my signature, so don't bother counting there. A big chunk of the number are Hetalia fan fictions, and they are in the Bultine für immer! Collection. )

Seaspecter

That’s a lot of words.
Also congrats and I hope you reach your goal.

doravg

That’s a lot of words.
Also congrats and I hope you reach your goal.
Thank you! These days I don't aim for a word count when I write my books, so most of them end up as novellas. That would make things easier. XD
Do you even eat or sleep? :sweating_profusely:
Not only do I have enough time for 8 hours of sleep and three meals per day plus some popcorn snacks, but I also have time to cook, clean, work out, work in the garden, do the laundry, and take care of my hygiene.
But I have to admit that I haven't gotten outside my front door in 8 days...

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
congratulations on writing that much and surviving having written that much; how do you focus long enough to write that much?

doravg

congratulations on writing that much and surviving having written that much; how do you focus long enough to write that much?
I don't know. Writing is easier than making real life friends, and has about the same dopamine hit. And writing will never take its phone out on you, when you are both sitting for a cup of coffee in a café. I hate that. I mean, if you are not going to pay attention to the person you invited (I never invite people. They invite me. I just can't tell them no when it comes to coffee outings.), why invite her in the first place? I have become a master at managing to judge if someone is going to take out their phone on me from the invitation alone. But I have been burned a few times.

doravg

So what have you learned in these three years?
Write into the dark, don't leave your stories without an ending, and if you can't bring yourself to finish a story, delete every trace of it. What else, hm...
Have fun?
Don't write for the views, write for your Muse.
That the Muse can be this one reader who comes for all of your stories, but it can also be this great dream you had that you will forget as the day goes on, but you will remember the feelings connected to it.
Sleep 8–9 hours per night. Don't wake up at 3 a.m. to write because you will want to hit the pillow at 5 p.m. if you do.
And many, many more things that made my writing life easier.

doravg

Are your stories short?
Not all of them. My longest story is 260k words long. I have a couple which are more than 100k long. But I do mostly write novellas.

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
Not all of them. My longest story is 260k words long. I have a couple which are more than 100k long. But I do mostly write novellas.
I'm guessing your longest story has 250+ chapters

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Damn. I'm struggling trying to comprehend the 100 stories. Great consistency.. I just dip and write 1 chapter and dip. Dammit bruh

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
... you have a vivid imagination, great discipline and good love for writing.