I need help with my Hero Classes

JDC_OnPaper

So just like what said in the title, I don't play much RPG or MMORPG games, and I'm not familiar with the classes, tools etc. If you guys know any classes that can be categorized here please give me some feedback with this, I need this for my Novel.

What do you think kind of classes can be used for this.
Chosen Human and their sponsors (Gods):

1. God of Death, Darkness and the Underworld- (This is Already clear I had already thought this for my MC, But the rest I'm silent.)

2. Goddess of Light-

3, Goddess of Life-

4. God of the Earth and mountains-

5. God of the Water and Seas-

6. Goddess of the Wind and Skies-

7. Goddess of Fire and Flames-

8. God of Justice and Truth-

9. God of Wisdom and knowledge- ( I planned him to only be a strategist, but if there is a class for him please help)

10. Goddess of Taming- (Summoner kinda???)

11. God of the Anvil and Blacksmiths-

12. Goddess of Medicines and Remedy-

13. Goddess of the Fields and nature-

14. God of Fortune and Luck-

15. God of Shelter and Protection (Shield Hero LOLOLOLOL) -

16. God of Thieving and Betrayal- (Rouge class like thieves, assassins, etc)

17. Goddess of Thunder and Lighting-

18. God of Mischief- (A class similar to Loki (Avengers))

19. Goddess of Music- (War bard or something???)

20. Goddess of War and Destruction-

so if there is any classes for my gods and their "chosen Humans" Arigathanks!

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
The general classification that most adventure type RPG games follow are: warrior, rogue (not rouge, rouge means the colour red) and magician.

Under warrior, there may be additional types:
Swordsman (a general term for melee only class)
Crusader (usually portrayed as extremely heavily armoured, usually associated with organized religion)
Defender (may have a tower shield as his main equip)
Slayer (high DPS, may have a large weapon or dual-wield with limited armour)
Paladin (may wear full plate and would have healing or buff abilities)

Under rogue, there may be additional types:
Thief (a general term for low level artifice type class)
Scout (usually with scouting abilities, stealth and fleet of foot)
Ranger (usually a scout with woodwise, archery skills and high stealth in forests)
Trappist (basically a thief who specialize in traps)
Spy (basically a sneakier thief)
Assassin (basically ass as sin)

Under magician, there may be additional types:
Wizard (a general term for male magicians, but can also be a magician who gains power from his studies)
Witch (a general term for female magicians, but can also be a magician associated with nature or herbalism)
Herbalist (gains power from nature and usually crafts potions)
Sorcerer/sorceress (their magic is innate, as in they don't need to learn it, it could be that their ancestors were dragons, gods or spirits)
Priest (their magic is usually holy magic and their physical is weak as shit)
Warlock (usually carries a sword, or a mace, or any weapon other than a staff, because they're magicians who want to be swordsman, or assassin or peddler, and basically they're magicians who don't want to be magicians)

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
For god of justice you can try an executioner like class or judge like class
for god of mischief you can try classes like clowns, jesters, con-artists, tricksters etc
for taming your better changing it to beasts and using tamer as the class
For water and seas use captain or seafarer
for life use healer
light- paladin
wind- air swordsmen
Fire- pyromancer
medicine- doctor
Nature- druid
luck - Gambler
Shield - guardian
thats all I could come up with

TroubleFait

For Fortune and Luck:

Maybe someone without a proper set of abilities, but he could instinctively see the probable outcome of decisions and avoid stupid uneducated mistakes. Like, never fall in abushes, never antagonising the wrong person, etc. A little like a Jedi in Star Wars.

And have a more direct ability of avoiding most arrows, sword swings, anything dangerous really.
He wouldn't be a great fighter but would be a pain to kill.

2. Goddess of Light-

3, Goddess of Life-
Maybe 2. Goddess of Light and Hope-
3, Goddess of Life and Warmth/Home-

For Justice and Truth:

Maybe someone with as much power as there is lie, deceit and injustice: like, if you deceived people, if you did injust things toward them, the Hero of Justice and Truth would have more health and stamina, and would have magic powering his attacks, against you. So against an honourable person this Hero would be weak, but against a massive sinner he would be unstoppable.

For Mischief and Disguise:

Maybe someone you can't easily doubt, that will play with your senses, you would easily fall for his/her tricks. She/He could disguise as someone else and pretend to be on your team and you wouldn't find it strange to have one more teammate suddenly. He/She would make feints and most people would inevitably fall for it. And whatever she/he does, no-one could ever know his/her true intentions, only ever poorly guess.

Localforeigner

Light-Paladin/Cleric
Life-Healer
Earth-Warden (defensive warrior that uses power to trap/hold opponents)
Wind-Archer
Fire-Pyromancer
Justice-Inquisitor
Anvils/Blacksmiths-Artificer
Shelter/Protection-Defender/Tank

Spica66

I think classification should focus on roles in combat. It looks simple and more modern.

All-rounder - do everything.
Tank - soak damage.
Enchanter - heal, buff.
Disruptor - CC, debuff.
Support - for those who doesn't fall into enchanter and disruptor type.
Melee/Range DPS - deal damage. If they're capable of doing both melee and range just use DPS.
Utility DPS - DPS who can provide buff, debuff, or both. It's a shorter version for DPS who can enchant, disturb, or both.

There are more tho.

One person can have more than one class.

For example
- Paladin can be Tank and Utility DPS. (Can deal damage, tank, heal, and buff)
- Assassin, other than melee DPS can be considered Disruptor using poison, causing confusion with smoke and invisibility.

I think this more interesting than normal RPG classes. Because when you hear something like Paladin, Mage, Assassin, you know what they can and cannot.

Also, you make how they utilize god power interesting.
- Maybe a person who received the god of light blessing only wants to deal damage with laser.
- A person who received the god of life power is corrupted and wants to suck(take) others' life.

If you want someone to be a Witch play with the character's alias/title instead.

Last edited: