Writing I need help!!!

Stealthy_Enigma

(❀⁠≽ᆺ≼)⊃~~~~✧ ꧁Floofy Ninja!!!꧂
I am stuck on my chapter for my book. I just need an idea for a date in a futuristic superhero world, keeping in mind that the lovers need to stay low key because one of them is famous. It is difficult because it also needs to be something romantic, because one of them is going to propose.

Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I am stuck on my chapter for my book. I just need an idea for a date in a futuristic superhero world, keeping in mind that the lovers need to stay low key because one of them is famous. It is difficult because it also needs to be something romantic, because one of them is going to propose.

A date on a natural satellite with a dome technology to create a breathable environment inside it as well as a view of the Earth rotating slowly while both of them chat, eat, etc

Tsuru

Just do like dozens of good chinese webnovels do

Wear sunglasses, possibly change hairstyle/clothes, then go randomly on the street to buy some stuffs, try new clothes, go to the cinema, take a milkshake, do a nice dinner in a romantic restaurant, go home or a hotel. Sleep happily together (sfw or nsfw). And (F)MC awake and smile seeing his other half sleeping in his/her arms.

THAT SIMPLE.

Just like a old golden sentence says
Sometimes things don't need to be complicated

Bonus explanation : No need for extratordinariness, as fans probably tired of it or would find it boring after XX chaps of super-powers. And its quite realistic to do this way, bc 1) MC/FL would probably want to be a NORMAL date like NORMAL HUMAN after being a TIRED hero for who-knows-how-long that risk his life on the knife maybe everyday 2) Why try extra ordinary ? If you can teleport anywhere, even teleporting on Sphinx head would be boring compared to going to the street that you can't never GO BC OF HERO JOB unless you want 500 fans screaming at you 3) Even as a super-hero, any HUMAN would wish to do a cinema date, its like THE check-list
4) Also detailing how the MC feel, the feelings, the mood, the happiness of MC or FL, one blushing, feeling lucky to encounter each other, etc etc
is making reader feeling the characters more "ALIVE" => hence make reader immerse in the story
Making readers think the story is no longer a story but real. Is one of the numerous point i enumerated that a novel is a good novel. Just like videogames are good videogames if they make you forget the harsh annoying reality while playing it. Same reason nowadays animes are more colorful (even too much like Villainess Bakarina) and you don't see irl topics like Hikkikomori (Welcome to NHK old 2006 anime [didnt watch btw]).
6) Humans crave what they don't have. Its greed. Its innate. Lot of stories (especially recent JP WNs) mention super-powers/heroes craving a ordinary life. Because its true. Also as true as an immortal would want to die, after living 1 million years and losing dozens of lovers because of time.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
A park/entire city of miniature, very colorful tiles that shift and respond to thought (forming a landscape perfect for any moment in a magical, faintly clattering world) with various volumes of tiles that people can rent. These will shift based off of magnets. Just imagine a fluttering, delicate forest of violet tendrils made of minute tiles as one bends to the ground to propose. Or a crowd of miniature safari animals cuddling and being pet? The possibilities are limitless!

StrongArm

if they are superheros then just have them fly to some beautiful location in the wilderness like a waterfall or something

Tsuru

PS : Another old golden sentence : Its in the details that you see the quality of a product

Point (4)
Sometimes some good "products" are done by women. Because as they are more "sensitive", often put more emphasis on details.
---Full metal alchemist manga is from female author. It was a masterpiece. So good that often in CHINESE webnovels, where the PROTAG become a manga artists or anime creator, they copy FMA and mention about the detailing on the realistic psychology of characters, so many side stories, THE GIGANTIC worldview, with the country and wrath, heavily inspired from WW2 reich.
---cough sometimes the best ero are written by women......And drawings....... too...coughpopularANGELYEAHcough..............coughDANBOORU6071950cough

BlackKnightX

This reminds me of when Ayato and Sylvia from Asterisk War go on a date. It's a somewhat futuristic world, and Sylvia is the most famous singer on Asterisk. It's a school festival with many people on the grounds, so Sylvia uses a special device to change their hair colors and start wearing inconspicuous cloths and glasses.

You can do something similar. Maybe have them start off by disguising themselves and go to the usual places people go on a date—amusement park, movie theater, walking street, a restaurant, etc.—albeit set in a futuristic world (be creative here).

You can also set a bit of a conflict. Since the protagonist wants to propose to her, you can throw conflicts and obstacles at him that prevent him from doing that all day until he kind of gives up and goes on a not-so-romantic place or something—somewhere dark and quiet. But then before he knows it, a firework goes off in the distance, setting the glowing petal to light up the night sky. Then it's a reveal time: towards the end of the day, the sneaky bastard gave an excuse and went off to plan for this! (Sneak in a bit of foreshadowing beforehand). Then the proposal begins. Beautiful~

bulmabriefs144

What about underwater? Not "low-key" but nobody will find them either.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
If one is famous you have two options...

Lose any followers and go somewhere without people. A forest, island, mountaintop, whatever. Bring picknick supplies and a movie.

Or promise an exclusive interview to a trustworthy reporter, and get them to arrange a high class, private date somewhere cool.

Daitengu

There's tons of empty coast line in many places. Take Oregon's rocky cliffs of a coast as an example. A date on one of the big rocks along the coast would be sweet.

There's also lots of isolated lake side locations in US federal parks to visit. Or even mountain tops. Colorado, Montana, Alaska, and South Dakota all have wonderful isolated locations in massive parks.

ReadLight

Alright, let's see: Futuristic, superheroes, stay lowkey, one of them is famous, romantic, one proposes.

A lot of those elements may be story-dependent. Be sure to add whatever makes your story unique to it.

Especially the futuristic part, that’s kinda based on your world-building. What kind of society are your characters situated in? Highly advanced city? post-apocalyptic? On another planet?

Romance can go with obstacles, and the need to stay lowkey seems to be the one here. I’ll choose to be with you despite [obsticles] is one way to be romantic. (I think)

Here’s my idea: In hindsight I made it cheesy, but whatever, me brain is small, me no can romance good.

Jan and Mark enter a restaurant. They walk right into the quietest room that they booked, and despite their best attempt at concealing their identity, some still recognize (the famous one, let’s say it’s Jan) Jan as (her superhero name). Discussions about their visage pop up left and right on the internet.

They both have their phones (or whatever futuristic replacements) off for this long-planned and much-delayed date; tonight there shall be no hero’s duty, only each other.

However, the disaster strikes right outside the window of their restaurant.

The internet is split; a hot debate on how the heroes should choose sparks up. Some think that the heroes ought to save those people, while others believe that even heroes deserve to have their personal lives.

Jan and Mark both fall silent, neither knows what to say or what to do until one smiles and suggests: “How about a small walk after the meal?”

The other one returns a smile, and they soon sneak out from the dining room to the scene to save the day with their powers combined. While one of them feels slightly down about having to end their date early, the other takes his/her/their/it/whatever’s hand and displays a contagious joyful beam.

That night, they learned that whether it’s a dinner date or saving the world, as long as they do it together, it warms their hearts. The bad guys plan to sneak up behind them but find it impossible to do as they both have each other’s backs.

At the end, when the day is saved, a pair of silhouettes is seen embracing in front of the moon. (The proposing one, let’s say Mark) Mark takes out the tiny box that he’s been carrying with him since leaving his home, and (Let’s say Jan accepts the proposal) Jan extends her hand.

To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.

The pair sneak back to the restaurant, ignoring the roaming discussion outside their room about the disaster next door getting resolved.

“It must have been (Jan and Mark’s superhero names)” some believe.

“But we are in the same restaurant as them, and no one has left!” others retort.

“Are you even sure that couple are actually (Jan and Mark’s superhero names)?”

Jan and Mark let out another little laugh, and continue on with their date as if nothing had happened. Well, nothing, aside from that glittering diamond ring (or whatever the symbol of marriage in your futuristic setting).

Domoviye

They visit a pay to enter park.
It's an enclosed glass dome, made to look like the outside, with genetically modified plants and animals to make it a fantasy setting. Humming flowers, friendly unicorns, dancing fairies, mermaids singing in the river, the works. There are other couples there, but it's not that crowded, especially along the forest paths.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ

Why not wear a disguise maybe of someone else or maybe be something different.
Disguise over disguise.

Like say Pineapple man and cherry blossom.
"Oh! Look It's pineapple man."
"What that guy died decades ago... Wait whaa..."

Best disguise is that which draw most attention and absurd that people could not think both two are related.

Tsuru

This reminds me of when Ayato and Sylvia from Asterisk War go on a date. It's a somewhat futuristic world, and Sylvia is the most famous singer on Asterisk. It's a school festival with many people on the grounds, so Sylvia uses a special device to change their hair colors and start wearing inconspicuous cloths and glasses.

You can do something similar. Maybe have them start off by disguising themselves and go to the usual places people go on a date—amusement park, movie theater, walking street, a restaurant, etc.—albeit set in a futuristic world (be creative here).

You can also set a bit of a conflict. Since the protagonist wants to propose to her, you can throw conflicts and obstacles at him that prevent him from doing that all day until he kind of gives up and goes on a not-so-romantic place or something—somewhere dark and quiet. But then before he knows it, a firework goes off in the distance, setting the glowing petal to light up the night sky. Then it's a reveal time: towards the end of the day, the sneaky bastard gave an excuse and went off to plan for this! (Sneak in a bit of foreshadowing beforehand). Then the proposal begins. Beautiful~
(Joking post)

DAMN YOUUUUUUU !
ITS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT WE (coomers) SUFFERED ALL THIS DENSE AND COCKBLOCKED PROTAGONISTS in 2010ish era !!!!!!

I curse you to hit your toenail on a corner tomorrow !!!!!!!

BlackKnightX

(Joking post)

DAMN YOUUUUUUU !
ITS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT WE (coomers) SUFFERED ALL THIS DENSE AND COCKBLOCKED PROTAGONISTS in 2010ish era !!!!!!

I curse you to hit your toenail on a corner tomorrow !!!!!!!
Did they fuck yet?

Tsuru

Did they fuck yet?
Baka to test ended. I think Protag indeed end with Mizuki.
Boku wa Tomodachi. Crappy weird arc before the end and shit ending, where he tried to date the crossdressing girl but break up, only view yozora childhood friend girl as just a friend, and i possibly end with Sena rich girl. Yozora FL somehow never got happiness nor narrator gave explanations about her shit family.
Well, pokemon. Its canon certified that Satoshi marry the childhood acquaintance heroine (latest one) Serena. With new Pokemon protagonist being their daughter. SO YES had a FUCK.
I dont remember checking about the ending of Demon King part-time worker.
Bakarina.......... i dont think it had ended when i last cared about it. AH IT DID. And i think one girl marry the other man fan of bakarina as some kind of "cooperation". But bakarina i forgot if she had official couple ending.
The irregular in high school. They probably and never will, fuck.
Danmachi, soon end. No clue about fucking.

SailusGebel

Baka to test ended. I think Protag indeed end with Mizuki.
Boku wa Tomodachi. Crappy weird arc before the end and shit ending, where he tried to date the crossdressing girl but break up, only view yozora childhood friend girl as just a friend, and i possibly end with Sena rich girl. Yozora FL somehow never got happiness nor narrator gave explanations about her shit family.
Well, pokemon. Its canon certified that Satoshi marry the childhood acquaintance heroine (latest one) Serena. With new Pokemon protagonist being their daughter. SO YES had a FUCK.
I dont remember checking about the ending of Demon King part-time worker.
Bakarina.......... i dont think it had ended when i last cared about it. AH IT DID. And i think one girl marry the other man fan of bakarina as some kind of "cooperation". But bakarina i forgot if she had official couple ending.
The irregular in high school. They probably and never will, fuck.
Danmachi, soon end. No clue about fucking.
:blob_hmm_two: