Writing I need Ideas on how to develop a relationship of these two characters

New_Leaf

So... Let's say you have a step-sister that has some low self-esteem and is very doubtful. She always thinks that people have bad intentions toward her because of some experience she had (I already made her past so you guy's don't need to imagine it xD)

While you... Well, you look intimidating and bad rumours circulate around you. However, you are actually a good person just misunderstood. (That's how will the sister perceive you slowly)

Note:
I want to make this story wholesome or some shit. Any ideas? On how I can make their relationship develop. Maybe even a reference. Anything! I need ideas! Even if that's gruesome or some crap, I'll read it lol and appreciate it haha

TotallyHuman

Take it slow. When two people frequently interact with each other they will inevitably begin to understand each other.
The contrast between your tough exterior and your soft interior (what are you, a bug?) will be greatly appreciated by the step-sister.
You will slowly discover the vulnerable side of your step-sister.
Since you two are generally predisposed to be more favourable to each other, you will probably grow closer and help each other.
Specific circumstances are up to you.
Pretty simple, no?

And then you'll end up in a hot incestious relationship and produce a litter of deformed babies with jaws that could stab a man to death

J_Chemist

If two people don't understand each other, increase the amount of interaction. If you want it wholesome, then make them go outside and do stuff together.

References: Slice of Life animes.

ACertainPassingUser

The key is communication.

The more they communicate, the more they can understand each other and relate.

The More they can relate, the more topic of conversation they can share.

The more topic they can share, the more related and closer they became.

After a lot of topic exchange and finding the middle ground, they eventually overcame the barrier of closeness and became more comfortable with the way they talk.

They usually use formal talk and only use safe words, but they eventually start to tease and insert some playful joke in their conversation.

The topic of the talk become very close. One party knows what the other likes and how the other think.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
give them a shared hobby that one offered to the other as a way to bond familial-like and then add stupid pranks alongside lingo and annoying habits that cause them to snipe at one another without going overboard

Beeteetee

A crisis has a wonderful way of making most personalities working and communicating together for the sole purpose of surviving the ordeal.

kidnapping, invasion (monster/man/alien), natural disaster, escaping an unjustified quarantine to inform a royal guards about a rebellion of the count - things like that.

Legi0n

Ah, I see what are you doing here. Good luck getting her!