I really love Yandere novels. So...if I were to write one, would people like to read it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 52382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 52382

I love Yanderes. I vividly remember my first time reading one; it was a rainy afternoon and I saw it on the first page of NU. I instantly flinched in horror, having a sort of allergic reaction to this diabolical, twisted genre. I was thrilled by the time I was finished, by the way, and my reaction to that incredibly fulfilling novel is one of my earliest memories (of reading novels) because it was and still is so deeply engrained in my brain.

Just today, I read a similar novel and it pulled me into a manic state of shock and discomfort, taking me aback with a headache. I am now inspired (and want to, rightfully, rip it off) and I want to write, but is it really worth it? Do people really like reading Yandere novels these days?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reisinling

Slap girls love/ isekai/ gender bender on that shit, and you are ready to go my friend.

Oh, and cat girls. And a snake. Some people contest me on the last one

Last edited:

Tori_the_Birb

I love Yanderes. I vividly remember my first time reading one; it was a rainy afternoon and I saw it on the first page of NU. I instantly flinched in horror, having a sort of allergic reaction to this diabolical, twisted genre. I was thrilled by the time I was finished, by the way, and my reaction to that incredibly fulfilling novel is one of my earliest memories (of reading novels) because it was and still is so deeply engrained in my brain.

Just today, I read a similar novel and it pulled me into a manic state of shock and discomfort, taking me aback with a headache. I am now inspired (and want to, rightfully, rip it off) and I want to write, but is it really worth it? Do people really like reading Yandere novels these days?
I'd guess many readers would be interested, seeing that I had many people who read my novel (which is Yandere).

D

Deleted member 53101

I thought that's an outdated tag already. To me personally, I don't like the character with that trait anymore, it's anti-harem material. But if you can write something that is more dangerous than Her Majesty Yuno Gasai, the Queen of Yandere ..., maybe I can give it a try.

Sinpathy

It is a niche genre for sure. One where execution matters much more.

I'd say, write what you feel like. The quality of a work is usually dependent on the motivation and inspiration of its writer.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
It is a niche genre for sure. One where execution matters much more.

I'd say, write what you feel like. The quality of a work is usually dependent on the motivation and inspiration of its writer.
sinpathy you are alive. I thought you were dead

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
write what you love, i say. that way even if no one else likes it, you'll have a story to look back fondly on in the future.

that said i love yanderes too! but only a very specific kind who behaves in specific ways--not the overly obsessive + violent ones, but gentler. it's been difficult to find that kind of yandere in the stories i've been reading so chances are i'll be writing my own one day.

follow your dreams, young writer. embrace the yandere who wants to embrace you! and keep expectations low. honestly, it's easier to make something you love than make others love the same thing, you get my drift?

D

Deleted member 52382

write what you love, i say. that way even if no one else likes it, you'll have a story to look back fondly on in the future.

that said i love yanderes too! but only a very specific kind who behaves in specific ways--not the overly obsessive + violent ones, but gentler. it's been difficult to find that kind of yandere in the stories i've been reading so chances are i'll be writing my own one day.

follow your dreams, young writer. embrace the yandere who wants to embrace you! and keep expectations low. honestly, it's easier to make something you love than make others love the same thing, you get my drift?
Very.