Writing I tried to describe the past event with other pov is it good things?

MasFaqih

I tried to take a time skip to 10 years ago and change it to another POV, it was to describe the important details I didn't include at the beginning and it was for the plot building of another love interest, the story is still in its infancy and I want some character to have depth

Last edited:

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I know there are some books that are told in different povs. if you try to do it I’d at least try and be consistent and not have multiple povs in the same chapter

Agentt

Thighs
Usually it is very jarring for the reader. I would recommend either having that as a separate small chapter or atleast using a different font/italics to show this is a seperate thingy.

Datal0g

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is changing the POV from time to time to show things from the perspective of e.g. Fina. They usually dedicate 1:n chapters and use this solution to provide more details about the more important NPCs or villains. But in that case, it is not really a time jump, it's more a different perspective of things, you already know from Yunas perspective.

Tsuru

Robot
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is changing the POV from time to time to show things from the perspective of e.g. Fina. They usually dedicate 1:n chapters and use this solution to provide more details about the more important NPCs or villains. But in that case, it is not really a time jump, it's more a different perspective of things, you already know from Yunas perspective.
^
Kuma forever

Edit : Now that i remember it, the switch of POV was quite smooth to be honest