I want to write a sub arc where the theme is 'The house always wins'

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
Basically, people end up sick or something. My characters investigate. One character plays poker or blackjack while being threatened. Meanwhile the rest end up in a giant pinball machine.

Or is gambling a no-go?

Or skip the blackjack and hookers, and go straight to the giant pinball machine because my knowledge of gambling is limited.

Last edited:

hippoman

I want to give actual thoughts on this, is the blackjack game related to the pin ball game? like if the hero wins a hand do the flippers flipe more favourably or it eases the difficutly but if he loses a hand the ball gets bigger or the bumpers get electrified? Id say keep the game, I want to say more but I also want to just want to post this.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
I want to give actual thoughts on this, is the blackjack game related to the pin ball game? like if the hero wins a hand do the flippers flipe more favourably or it eases the difficutly but if he loses a hand the ball gets bigger or the bumpers get electrified? Id say keep the game, I want to say more but I also want to just want to post this.

One of the hero's friends play blackjack. If he loses then something bad happens. While that is happening, the hero is in a giant pinball machine

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
How much of the problem can be solved by a well timed violence/ explosion?

You can let the house win the first time, then the crew will go through the pinball death trap.

You can:
1. Have one or two of the OG crew not trapped in the pinball and have them save the day.
2. Exploit the pinball to their advantage

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
One of the acceptable rules is to flip the table and bludgeon the other with the chairs.

Edit: Or one of those ancient traditions that are not officially a rule but might as well be.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Use their Super Monkey Ball powers to crush the villains by turning into a giant Katamari?

Or are there more known video games were you play (in) a giant ball? Then add references to those.

Being trapped in a giant pinball sounds way too gruesome to not be comic relief, tho. Think about it, blunt trauma, nauseous movement, puke stays in the ball... Pure torture

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
Use their Super Monkey Ball powers to crush the villains by turning into a giant Katamari?

Or are there more known video games were you play (in) a giant ball? Then add references to those.

Being trapped in a giant pinball sounds way too gruesome to not be comic relief, tho. Think about it, blunt trauma, nauseous movement, puke stays in the ball... Pure torture
Sonic franchise has pinball segments.