Idea for a vampire novel

Rolo

Lately, I have been interested in Vampires and decided to write something about them.

My idea would be writing a fantasy story about the first vampire. It would be about them navigating through the dawn of the world, trying to circumvent the weaknesses of Vampires and eventually try and purge the weaknesses from the vampire race, along with establishing a kingdom.

Could this make an interesting story?

What are some common and new vampire weaknesses to consider?
What could be some ways to circumvent those weaknesses like wearing clothing to circumvent burning in the sun and etc.

What would be some good and interesting ideas for how these weaknesses are eventually overcame and purged from the race as part of the end goal?

Also, what would be some good abilities for Vampires to have other than generally being Superhuman

Also, how might a vampire kingdom work?

D

Deleted member 57675

What are some common and new vampire weaknesses to consider
Their transition from human to vampire. Do they still have conflicted feelings about what they were and what they are now? Human vs nonhuman.

No matter what variation, common trait all vampires have is allergic to sunlight.

New vampires : perhaps cannot control blood for thirst compared to other more aged and experienced vampires.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
It could be a mutation where filipino people become vampires they have to drink coconut water everyday in order to survive in the sun.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Well in my Vampire Novel. The MC was forcefully turned into a vampire by his first girlfriend. In the youngling or new vampire form. Try to write the physical changes as their skin turns pale like they are very sick. Their eyes from normal color to whatever color you want (Although i prefer red in mine.)

In drinking blood, describe the taste in your character's POV.

Humanity Vs. Vampirism in the chara's mind.

Are they morally conflicted in drinking blood? To drink or not to drink.

I would suggest playing Vampyr, Vampire Bloodlines: Masquerade, World Of Darkness, Legacy Of Kain: Blood Omen as these games are vampire centric and you can gain more knowledge there.

For Books, you can read An Interview with A Vampire too.