If you could have one question answered in detail, what would it be?

Rookieqw

When exactly do you use "the" in the English language? For example, you have the Soul Reaver, the sword of Kain from Legacy of Kain. The Soul Reaver is a name of this weapon. However! If we talk about Silence, a scythe of Mortarion from WH40K, we don't need to put "the" before Silence. Then we have it before the names of spaceships, but not before the names of mechas.

For a dumb person, it is infuriatingly hard. Yeah, people might understand me in any way, but I want to learn how to write correctly.

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
When exactly do you use "the" in the English language? For example, you have the Soul Reaver, the sword of Kain from Legacy of Kain. The Soul Reaver is a name of this weapon. However! If we talk about Silence, a scythe of Mortarion from WH40K, we don't need to put "the" before Silence. Then we have it before the names of spaceships, but not before the names of mechas.

For a dumb person, it is infuriatingly hard. Yeah, people might understand me in any way, but I want to learn how to write correctly.
'The' followed by items is often used to direct a reader's attention to a particular 'special' item, while "a/an" meant it is random.

So, if you write, "The axe of the Emperor", it means the exact axe of the character that you want to focus on. This is used to give idea to the reader that it is a special axe.

"An axe of the Emperor" meanwhile, would give readers the idea that the axe he is holding is one among many, and it's not that special.

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
Will you join mine then?
:blob_blank:
IMG_6955.jpeg

SailusGebel

No, but because I know you don't have an answer for it, or it'll be some cheap non-answer like 'you can't' I want to hear 'your' answer.
Ok, here's the answer to how turn lesbian woman straight.

The process for turning lesbian women straight is the same as for turning gay men straight. So, look inside yourself, and you will get your answer. :blobthumbsup:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Ok, here's the answer to how turn lesbian woman straight.

The process for turning lesbian women straight is the same as for turning gay men straight. So, look inside yourself, and you will get your answer. :blobthumbsup:
Yep. A non-answer.

Shrimp_eater

How to find what i'm looking for in the Library of Babel within a reasonable time-frame.

What's the process for turning lesbian women straight?
You go through a list of male candidates until you find them someone rich enough

Last edited:

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
'The' followed by items is often used to direct a reader's attention to a particular 'special' item, while "a/an" meant it is random.

So, if you write, "The axe of the Emperor", it means the exact axe of the character that you want to focus on. This is used to give idea to the reader that it is a special axe.

"An axe of the Emperor" meanwhile, would give readers the idea that the axe he is holding is one among many, and it's not that special.
It can also draw your attention to a mundane every day item. There is a difference between a clock and the clock, but there is even more difference if it's The Clock. The last one is a proper noun, so The Clock is very important