If you had a choice, would you transmigrate into your novel?

Zagaroth

If I could go with my wife and our cats? Sure. They are my strongest sentimental attachment and I couldn't abandon them.

Or, if it was a post-death option and being with my wife wasn't on the list of options anyway, then it would probably be the option I would take.

It's not idyllic by any means, but overall it trends toward peaceful. Well, depending on where you are at.

Takiemina

Haha, no.

Even though mine is a "romance fantasy novel" and that supposedly would make it less bad, I know that it goes way beyond that.
People might disagree with me, but when you "know too much" about the world, its people, and its most profound secrets, you probably won't feel tempted to experience it yourself. I say this because what might appear "attractive" at first (the idea of transmigration to a whole new world that you were the sole creator of), might end up as the most gruesome experience you ever had if you are the type to centre your work on mysteries and tragedies. Besides, only your protagonist has "the protagonist's halo" where everything and everyone dies but him (or you like to make your protagonist suffer but that's on you).

I'm going in too deep with this and maybe someone already said did (I'm sorry, I didn't read everything), but imagine you don't know as much as you think about your "own" work. For example, you transmigrate into an unfinished novel with mediocre world-building that you couldn't fix in your lifetime but thought of a way to. However, that "new idea" never saw the light of day while you think it did, which means now you don't even have an idea of what your work looks like. That's how you ruin someone's dreams. Okay, bye.

prognastat

Without any wish/golden fingers/plot armour? No I wouldn’t.

if I got those then of course I would, but really almost anyone would at that point.

3guanoff

It depends. If there is a way for me to avoid meeting the protagonist, it would not be too bad. The world is similar to our own early 2000s. There is a decent chance of living an ordinary life without dying a horrible death or being turned into a human tree.

Has any SH author ever made a second series about them being isekai'd into their previous novel on SH?

If not that's a banger idea and one of you should do it :blob_cookie: :blob_popcorn:
I would absolutely read that. I've had nightmares about just such a scenario. While I never published any of them, I started and abandoned several disturbing stories that I would hate to be a part of.