I'm looking for a good read ~ HELP!

H0PEFUL

gonna shameless plug my story Progressive @2nd. It's not an isekai though
It's okay. I said I love isekai, but it's not the only thing I read. Also, some of those novels are not where a person is transferred to another world, but takes place in another world. A lot of novels are like that. ;)
But, I do enjoy some school romance type, and a few thriller or mystery types. Some horror types are fun, something like the Thai show, The Girl From Nowhere and another show, Nightmare High, both found on Netflix. (They are both kind of like Twilight Zone or Tales From the Darkside)

H0PEFUL

Here's mine if you want to try it, which I hope you do :3
Land of Erden
A fantasy story following the life of the two main characters (as well as other POVs).
It is quite slow-paced as we follow them as they grow, learning about the world and the fantastical elements, as well as the plot that slowly unfolds.
Might be too slow-paced for some people, but does have a relaxing, adventurous vibe, sometimes even kind of slice-of-lifey, even if there are more serious plot elements.
Meh, I like Slice of Life types. So many novels are ruined due to moving way too fast. I like to see growth.

Jemini

Well, I will go on from the start and plug myself as a lot of others had, because I do think mine should suit your fancy based on what you said.

Both of my stories are Isekais based out of the same multiverse. In other words, they have roughly the same multiverse lore and rules, however the mechanics in my multiverse allow for different rules specific to certain worlds. (It is supposed to be a multiverse setting that allows for the existence of a lot of the other stories in the Isekai genre you see out there, so I put some real thought into the concept.)

The primary premise of the multiverse is that it works off of a cultivation standard. I currently have not written any that function off of game-like mechanics, but it allows for them in the form of the world would have to have world-rules in which there is some kind of game-like assist in place over the world to aid a person's cultivation.

Anyway, one is based on the idea of reincarnating into a super hero world, and the other is based on more of a high-fantasy setting. The one in the super-hero world, "A New Hero God," is supposed to be chronologically earlier than "Key to the Void," the high-fantasy world one. However, I have made more progress in "Key to the Void's" story due to reader demand being higher for it.

Now, since I have gotten my self-promotion out of the way, I do also have some other recommendations unrelated to my own work as well. I would definitely recommend any of the big-5 that shaped the Isekai genre back in 2012. That would be, Log Horizon, Rising of the Shield Hero, Re:Zero, Overlord, and Mushuko Tensei. Of those 5, Mushuko Tensei is in the #1 position and yet it was the last of the five to receive an anime adaptation. But, all of them still have a lot of web novel / light novel beyond what has been adapted to anime, and thus plenty of reading material for you to go over. (Especially Mushuko Tensei since it's barely even begun on it's anime adaptation.)

Let's see... others. Well, all the good ones I can think of have signed deals with Kindel which require them to pull down their first chapters from free sites, so I am not so sure if I can recommend them as easily anymore. I hesitate to recommend something you are going to have to pay for, even if it is pretty good.

There are two though that are still completely free. There's Dungeon Mage, although that one has the issue that it's author seems to rarely post. There's also Tree of Aeons. That one is definitely good.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Like the others, I'mma plug my story into here.

It's called 'The Return of an Unlikely Hero'. It's nothing spectacular about it since it's my first actual novel. Come check it out if you want.

I had one on Webnovel but I wasn't taking that one seriously. It was more of a test trial.

Also, I love the post. Imma use some of the points you made as guidelines. I usually do this off the dome, drawing inspiration from light novels I read, music I listen too, and anime I watch. So I tend to just write stuff down without exactly thinking it through until after I release a chapter.

Would go back and change it but I'm a one and doner. Once it's dropped, it's going to stay as is, leaving me with the challenge of trying to fix my plot holes in future chapters.

sereminar

Here's a bunch of isekais and litrpg's. They probably aren't all what you're looking for, I kinda just went for a scattering of different stories that I really enjoyed. But yeah, hopefully one of these will strike your fancy :D

Sorry it's such a long list lol. Just Idk, open a few read their synopses and see if any click?

I didn't ask to be the Demon Queen
Phoenix Online
Rush to Level 0
Trouble with Horns
New Life of a Summoned Demoness
The Walls of Anamoor
Aria of the Fallen
Cold Steel Dig (gamelit like you've never read before!)
Data Dragon Danika
Eight
Jank
Manapocalypse
Nora and the Search for Friendship
The Advent of AxeBear
Project TheirWorld
Seven
Sing Crier
The Demon Lord's Lover
The Gilded Hero
The Salamanders
There is no Epic Loot here, only Puns
To Play With Magic
This Quest is Bullshit
Prophecy Aproved Companion
Ouroboros Ascendant
Wooden Gem
Fantasia

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
PLEASE HELP!!!

I LOVE to read, and I've been reading LN/WNs and manga, and watching anime for a LOOONG time, but lately, like over the past couple of years, they all just make me sick - shounen especially, as they're all the same. I'd like something that just plain makes sense. These are some of my biggest peeves, but I can deal with one, or two:

Skill levels? Come one. How many of us, "You can't beat my driving! I'm a lv 43 Bus Driver!" "I'm a lv 32 elementary school teacher." "Oh, I just jogged around the block and looked at my soulboard, and my stamina has risen to level C." "I just swung this hoe once, and now I've got the farmer class and became a level 4 farmer!" It's all so stupid - UNLESS it's fora novel that's in the gaming element genre.

Also, UNLESS it's a story about getting pulled into a game (Game Elements genre) like SAO, Overlord, and Log Horizon, it's stupid as hell and makes no sense what-so-ever. I mean, when I go deer hunting, the deer doesn't drop items like its hide, meat, coins, armor, potions, magic stone, and a gun. Also it's body doesn't disappear into little lights, nor does it get swallowed by the earth. No, if I want material, I have to skin it, and process the remains for the meat (why would a deer have potions and currency, or even metal weapons?). Also, how many times have you killed a mouse and gotten a bunch of carrots from it? I shit you not, there was a LN where EVERYTHING, including produce came from dungeon drops! Have you gotten iron ore from a rabbit lately? So unless the MC is in a VRMMO, or magically gets pulled into his game, keep that crap out.

The thing about gods gets my goat the most - gods are supposed to have no restrictions - that's what makes them gods. There is no, "I'm not allowed to..." or "I'm unable to..." No, it should be, "I can, but I won't...", or "I'll only allow..." Seriously. Now if there's a hierarchy of gods, and it's explained that the God of all gods doesn't allow something, then that makes sense. Also it'd make sense if the god is in disguise of a servant of himself, saying that he won't allow this servant to do so and so.

Also the thing I hate most about most of the isekai I read that involves a god is that they are made out to be so damned racist, so they make no sense what-so-ever. It's "The Japanese this," and, "the Chinese that." A god of another world would call the being, "a person of Earth." After all, when you kill an ant do you say, "My house is infested with ants," or do you say, "My house is infested with red Colombian Ants."? To a god, especially of another world, race/ethnicity wouldn't matter because a human from Earth would be just a human from Earth.

Then we have stories with a god for everything. I kid you not, I read one LN where there was a god for every job in existence. I so wanted to see the god of rectal thermometer testing. I dropped that one quicker than Rosie O'Donnell a carrot. I can understand having up to a dozen gods - any more than that kills the story for lack of interest. The Greeks and the Romans each only worshipped 12 gods. Native Americans worshipped over 200 and Hindism contains over 300 million (500 of which are more known), so no one cares about any of them, like the vegetable section of the grocery store to Michael Moore.

Then we have the MC compared to the rest of the world. I understand the path of the OP MC, but making the rest of the world out to have every body else being completely incompetent and useless. Yes, I read one WN where the average villager would be overpowered by a simple field mouse, and everyone was in such awe when the MC eliminated the mouse - yeah, I threw up and deleted said novel (what's sad is the huge following that novel has).

Okay, and the MC is OP, but you know, there should be masters in other fields. A master bowman. A master spy/thief. A master magician. Yeah, some novels do have them, but the majority, don't, and everyone else is an idiot, incompetent, or both. (I just read a novel where a lady knight, swordswoman, female archer, and a female mage, smart enough to find a demon king's general, and knew their tactics, and were listed as class C adventurers, yet the knight couldn't swing her sword, the swordswoman couldn't draw hers, the archer couldn't even draw, and the mage knew no spells - dropped) Then, what about training to become OP. Oops, I sneezed, now I'm a rank SSSSS Dark Sage, where my buddy has been training for 50 yrs to be a rank F ditch digger? Let's get real.

And why does EVERYBODY have to be flabbergasted by EVERYTHING the MC does. Jeez, you'd think they never seen another person pick up a beer and drink it. And I find it stupid as hell when the MC brings in corpses to be processed, and it's like none of the other adventurers have ever seen one before, let alone brought one in. What do they do all the time, just stand around and drink? Where do they get the money to do so? It makes no sense.

What's really sickening and overly used is the killing gazes by EVERY male because the MC has one, or more, women around him. Me, I'd think, that guy must be really nice, treat them well, or is rich, but I the thought that killing someone because they are more fortunate than me has NEVER crossed my mind. I don't even see that in middle school boys with their RAGING hormones. A guy has a cute girl, the other guys think, "So jeally! How can I get a girl like that?" Even they know that beating up the fortunate guy would gain nothing, and only drive the girl away... No. They might scheme on how to break them up, or make themselves look better to drive her to their own arms.

I love isekai. I love fantasy. I love adventure. Just make it something that's not so childish, and makes actual sense.
For example: The Bermuda Triangle claims another plane - it's a wormhole, or dimensional portal that sends planes and ships to another dimension, or world - and that plane tears apart while going through it, and a girl gets knocked out in the chaos and wakes up in another world, or stands before a goddess and gets sent to another world.... Then she has to learn the language, train for her profession, winds up OP at it, and defeats the demon lord, or wins at life - BUT, not everything is on a silver platter with the end at the beginning.

Does ANYBODY know of any good reads, or am I doomed to read only immature children's stories? (Even Seinen are very childish nowadays) Geez. They don't even have to be about a hero. Some of my favorites have been about a skills/trades master. I'm hoping there are some on this site, as there seem to be a lot of authors here. Maybe one, or more, are creating exactly what I'm looking for. :)
PLEASE send me some recommendations.

A couple of my faves:
The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer Keep Sci-Fi out of Swords and Magic, unless the story is about an Imperial Galactic Officer who crash lands on world of swords and magic. Best part yet, the MC HAD to LEARN the language and its literacy. Great novel when it's not a frikkin cookbook.
I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship Another great SciFi Isekai novel, but TL caught up with author, so gotta wait for new releases.
Pfft you just have shit taste in novels apparently and THATS why you always find one with those tropes.... or you havent looked very hard for good ones.

Anyway stop moaning and go read Keyboard Immortal. Its fucking hilarious and the MC knows how to give a good tongue lashing.

A Will Eternal is an even greater comedy.

Raising a fox spirit in my home is a nice cultivation and romance story set in the modern era. I main go for comedies and harems so youd have to ask other people for the more serious stories

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You could always give my smutty fanfic a try :s_wink:

ForestDweller

Thanks.

Yeah, I remember reading some of this one. I think I got to where the boy killed the parents and ran away. I forget why I stopped there. If I can remember what chapter that was, I may pick it back up. I liked the romantic curves in it. I left out that was one of my requirements.... I NEED romance, even if it's wincest. (Though my fave type is an older woman with a shota (teacher/student?)).
Hmm.... I've seen isekai with classmates, childhood friend, and even mother, and sister, but never with teacher (not unless in group with class)

I'll look it up again.

Huh? It wasn't the boy who killed them. It was the gnome lady.

Arkus86

The Eagle’s Flight and a sort-of a side story from the same universe, The Prince of Cats - low fantasy setting and excelent writing in my opinion.
Fork This Life! - reincarnated as a fork, what to say. It has the usual game elements in an otherwise high fantasy world though.
They Were All Nobles - Reincarnated as the heroine in an otome game, except focused on the PoV of a friend of said heroine. Quite good comedy

Localforeigner

I don't know if my novel would interest you as it is a more traditional Modern Fantasy rather than isekai or litRpg or anything, but it does have adventure, no OP MC, and no rabbits that drop iron ore! :D

Boy

PLEASE HELP!!!

I LOVE to read, and I've been reading LN/WNs and manga, and watching anime for a LOOONG time, but lately, like over the past couple of years, they all just make me sick - shounen especially, as they're all the same. I'd like something that just plain makes sense. These are some of my biggest peeves, but I can deal with one, or two:

Skill levels? Come one. How many of us, "You can't beat my driving! I'm a lv 43 Bus Driver!" "I'm a lv 32 elementary school teacher." "Oh, I just jogged around the block and looked at my soulboard, and my stamina has risen to level C." "I just swung this hoe once, and now I've got the farmer class and became a level 4 farmer!" It's all so stupid - UNLESS it's fora novel that's in the gaming element genre.

Also, UNLESS it's a story about getting pulled into a game (Game Elements genre) like SAO, Overlord, and Log Horizon, it's stupid as hell and makes no sense what-so-ever. I mean, when I go deer hunting, the deer doesn't drop items like its hide, meat, coins, armor, potions, magic stone, and a gun. Also it's body doesn't disappear into little lights, nor does it get swallowed by the earth. No, if I want material, I have to skin it, and process the remains for the meat (why would a deer have potions and currency, or even metal weapons?). Also, how many times have you killed a mouse and gotten a bunch of carrots from it? I shit you not, there was a LN where EVERYTHING, including produce came from dungeon drops! Have you gotten iron ore from a rabbit lately? So unless the MC is in a VRMMO, or magically gets pulled into his game, keep that crap out.

The thing about gods gets my goat the most - gods are supposed to have no restrictions - that's what makes them gods. There is no, "I'm not allowed to..." or "I'm unable to..." No, it should be, "I can, but I won't...", or "I'll only allow..." Seriously. Now if there's a hierarchy of gods, and it's explained that the God of all gods doesn't allow something, then that makes sense. Also it'd make sense if the god is in disguise of a servant of himself, saying that he won't allow this servant to do so and so.

Also the thing I hate most about most of the isekai I read that involves a god is that they are made out to be so damned racist, so they make no sense what-so-ever. It's "The Japanese this," and, "the Chinese that." A god of another world would call the being, "a person of Earth." After all, when you kill an ant do you say, "My house is infested with ants," or do you say, "My house is infested with red Colombian Ants."? To a god, especially of another world, race/ethnicity wouldn't matter because a human from Earth would be just a human from Earth.

Then we have stories with a god for everything. I kid you not, I read one LN where there was a god for every job in existence. I so wanted to see the god of rectal thermometer testing. I dropped that one quicker than Rosie O'Donnell a carrot. I can understand having up to a dozen gods - any more than that kills the story for lack of interest. The Greeks and the Romans each only worshipped 12 gods. Native Americans worshipped over 200 and Hindism contains over 300 million (500 of which are more known), so no one cares about any of them, like the vegetable section of the grocery store to Michael Moore.

Then we have the MC compared to the rest of the world. I understand the path of the OP MC, but making the rest of the world out to have every body else being completely incompetent and useless. Yes, I read one WN where the average villager would be overpowered by a simple field mouse, and everyone was in such awe when the MC eliminated the mouse - yeah, I threw up and deleted said novel (what's sad is the huge following that novel has).

Okay, and the MC is OP, but you know, there should be masters in other fields. A master bowman. A master spy/thief. A master magician. Yeah, some novels do have them, but the majority, don't, and everyone else is an idiot, incompetent, or both. (I just read a novel where a lady knight, swordswoman, female archer, and a female mage, smart enough to find a demon king's general, and knew their tactics, and were listed as class C adventurers, yet the knight couldn't swing her sword, the swordswoman couldn't draw hers, the archer couldn't even draw, and the mage knew no spells - dropped) Then, what about training to become OP. Oops, I sneezed, now I'm a rank SSSSS Dark Sage, where my buddy has been training for 50 yrs to be a rank F ditch digger? Let's get real.

And why does EVERYBODY have to be flabbergasted by EVERYTHING the MC does. Jeez, you'd think they never seen another person pick up a beer and drink it. And I find it stupid as hell when the MC brings in corpses to be processed, and it's like none of the other adventurers have ever seen one before, let alone brought one in. What do they do all the time, just stand around and drink? Where do they get the money to do so? It makes no sense.

What's really sickening and overly used is the killing gazes by EVERY male because the MC has one, or more, women around him. Me, I'd think, that guy must be really nice, treat them well, or is rich, but I the thought that killing someone because they are more fortunate than me has NEVER crossed my mind. I don't even see that in middle school boys with their RAGING hormones. A guy has a cute girl, the other guys think, "So jeally! How can I get a girl like that?" Even they know that beating up the fortunate guy would gain nothing, and only drive the girl away... No. They might scheme on how to break them up, or make themselves look better to drive her to their own arms.

I love isekai. I love fantasy. I love adventure. Just make it something that's not so childish, and makes actual sense.
For example: The Bermuda Triangle claims another plane - it's a wormhole, or dimensional portal that sends planes and ships to another dimension, or world - and that plane tears apart while going through it, and a girl gets knocked out in the chaos and wakes up in another world, or stands before a goddess and gets sent to another world.... Then she has to learn the language, train for her profession, winds up OP at it, and defeats the demon lord, or wins at life - BUT, not everything is on a silver platter with the end at the beginning.

Does ANYBODY know of any good reads, or am I doomed to read only immature children's stories? (Even Seinen are very childish nowadays) Geez. They don't even have to be about a hero. Some of my favorites have been about a skills/trades master. I'm hoping there are some on this site, as there seem to be a lot of authors here. Maybe one, or more, are creating exactly what I'm looking for. :)
PLEASE send me some recommendations.

A couple of my faves:
The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer Keep Sci-Fi out of Swords and Magic, unless the story is about an Imperial Galactic Officer who crash lands on world of swords and magic. Best part yet, the MC HAD to LEARN the language and its literacy. Great novel when it's not a frikkin cookbook.
I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship Another great SciFi Isekai novel, but TL caught up with author, so gotta wait for new releases.
TRy https://www.scribblehub.com/read/36...-created-an-evil-organization/chapter/364498/