I'm worried about influencing my own statistics?

FernGilly

I'm trying to figure out the best times to post and I frequently edit my chapters and view them from a viewer's perspective; sometimes it gives me insights into how the ebbs and tides of viewers work, or how a chapter looks from their perspective. Unfortunately, this means that I visit my own page frequently, and may be influencing that count. I've been concerned ever since I saw that in one morning, I generated 11 'referral links' on my author statistics that were clearly from myself, like so:

1658520641227.png

Is there any way to disable views that come exclusively from myself? I don't want to see my own statistics, I want to know what times and days my readers are active, so I can try to release chapters in a more impactful fashion. I also don't want the bot to accidentally count my own views in the total-- the story view total may be off by as many as 100 views, if so, because of the number of times I open my own series page to share it with others. Are 'valid reads' my only means of judging viewership? Are 'valid reads' unique to each viewer?

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
There is none internally.
The stats page is openly accessible, though, so those might not all be from you.
And if you know some to be from you, you can always factor them out.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You can put in a feature request.