I'm writing a weird novel about dogs

MagicalPen

I spent sometime typing random stuff in my head, and a story developed. It's about a dog named Silver, who is a city dog, but developed an asthma (relevant reference). The owner concerned for the health of his dog moved to the country and begins a new life, and there the story of the dog begins. He joins the pack of Lian -- a guard dog (reasons available). And uses his whit to solve issues and fight and ward off violent pack.

Here's an excerpt. Lemme know what you think.

Mia, a border collie and a gentles of a creature, sniffed the newcomer’s butt and let the pleasant smell linger in her nostril as he twitched around.

It was a good smell. It oozed of freshly salivated fur. A saliva had beefy taste to it. There was a hint of poop but the smell of shampoo overpowered it.

His rear recked of a gentle-dog of the upper-social class. She could tell from the flower scented rear, he sets his butt on the quality perfumed soft cloth, unlike her friends who smelled like something she could walk on.

The newcomer was a bulldog. He looked around inquisitively as Mia’s pack circled him, growling. He was not much of a fight dog, and kept silent as they bothered him. His confident was tantalizing and his cool demeanor dropped the aggressors guard.

Mia, mesmerized by the smell, gave bulldog’s rear a good lick that unsettled him. He darted around. A good lick was a great show of affection, and it unsettled him receiving it unprompted especially with a young fertile dog of great many puppies.

“Oh, please no miss. I bathed early this morning and I don’t like bathing.”

“Watcha doin’ in here citydoggie. There ain’t no boneless meat in here.”

“Well, excuse Miss. You have such a foul mouth. I’m strong. Every human knows a border collie is no much for the ferociousness of a bulldog.”

At that comment, Mia let out a loud screech that was meant as laughter. She bore her fangs and settled her gaze upon him. “Watcha think citydoggie. Rib you up good.”

A mixed dog intervened, “Well, well, Mia. That’s not a hearty welcome. What be your human-given name bulldoggie.” He’s fur was spotted black and brown. Slightly taller than Mia.

“Silver.”

“Silver?” He repeated.

“I know, I know. Uninspired and unimaginative. I ain’t even silver colored. I’m mostly brown.”

“It’s a cool name. We’ve nobody named--”

Creaky squeaking was drawing near. All dogs turned in unison toward a torrent of manure used as cheap fertilizer. Then, silence. They trailed the sound with precision as it glided behind the manure to an assortment of trees. A silhouettes flickers behind gaps between trees.

Silver stood puzzled, “what are you doing guys. Sounds like a bike, is it somebody special?”

Mia stepped up. Others steadied themselves. It seems Silver’s comment was ignored. A block on the bike came into view. And loud growls of varied sort followed.

Mia led the pack, great many of them rushed to the bike and barked at the towering intruder. Puppies stayed afar where they could be safely brave, and squealed barks.

Silver was having none of that. “These asses want to die or what. Everybody knows not to run after vehicles.”

The man on bike sat unbothered. He knew how to handle dogs. He had one himself. He got off carefully as the other dogs circled and howled at him. He took off his hood and shouted, “Silver come here,” plus two whistles.

Overjoyed, Silver run up to the boy and leapt on his legs. Good pats ensued behind Silver’s ears. His sweet spot. The human kindness to the dog, neutralized the barkers and they quickly toned down their voice.

They wagged their tails and leapt on him for their share of pats, but only few got some. The human quickly stopped.

Whoever wanted free pats had to earn humans’ favor, Mia remembered. She makes a living gaining favors from humans for good deeds.

The human carried dog food. But not raw food, otherwise it wouldn’t have escaped the dogs detection. It was canned or sealed in packages of course.

Silver’s knew what bags and box and cylinders meant. Or usually what they meant. So he began prying and scratching the bag.

“Nah, you wait buddy. I’m gonna mix it up well and give you eat.”

Of course, silver didn’t understand what was said. But the calm manner in which his human spoke suggested he was onboard. There will be food. But the lengthy speech only meant reasons. There’s a reason why it can’t be done now. That’s all he knew.

So, he stood to the side and followed his human around and other dogs did as well.

Here's a fight scene​

Just as some set their head on the ground and others lay side ways preparing to take a nap. A pitch black dog jumped out of the bushes and cackled.

All the pack stood up.

“Paws of my territory, Vadrick.”

Vadrick walked leisurely to them. Seven, no eight, no eleven more dogs jump out of the bushes. “Well, well, Lian, It’s mine now. Mine.” He chuckled to the word mine.

The two packs stared each other down. Mia implored Lian to back away and leave the territory to them.

“We’ve lost enough Mia,” he growled at her. “We’ve nowhere to go.”

No other dog on the Lian’s pack dared step up. No one of them was a match to Deen’s pack and Lian knew that. He determined to raise a pack but puppies do not become dogs overnight. He’s doing he’s best with all the puppies mortality. He’s three puppies were once nine. Majority died early in life from cold, or diseases in food or water, or at birth from being squished tight.

“Silver, are you fighting with me?”

“No, that’s not a good idea.”

“I see, they have abandoned you, Lian.” Vadrick chuckled, “do what’s wise. You don’t want to get hurt.”

Lian’s eyes watered and a lone tear streaked down his eyelashes and disappear in his fur. Death is better than this, He told himself.

He charged at them, targeting one of them at a time. Circling and darting around and backing up. Trying to isolate the target so he could take them one at a time. He runs up to one of them and snapped his fangs at their legs or ears and them run back, to run after him.

While Lian scurried to take them down, Silver went into front porch and barked. His human looked outside the window to see his dog first and then dogs fighting. Normally, he doesn’t intervene when farm dogs fight, but this time one of is his dog. He run outside, and chased the Vadrick and his pack away. They were stubborn and he needed to shout and though rock at them at times striking some of them and stopping until they charge back. Eventually, they disappeared from where they came.

The human turned around and eyed Lian. He was not hurt. And strolled back home, shutting the door behind him.

Silver had one thing to say, “We gotta a human, why bother protecting yourself.”
There's humour but most of it right now is NSFW.

Last edited:

MagicalPen

I read the title
"Dog"
Okay cool
I read the last word
"NSFW"
Mfw
Mating scene but not sex. MC is puzzled. Never done that. The idea has strong backing. Ain't a frivolous carcinogenic mess btw.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Hey, I got that idea years ago, and weirder too. Instead of a dog, I had a wolf, and it was bound to fuck a lizard too.

MagicalPen

I'll finish up 10 chapter and go ahead with posting it. It doesn't have to be very good. It's very experimental anyway

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
I spent sometime typing random stuff in my head, and a story developed. It's about a dog named Silver, who is a city dog, but developed an asthma (relevant reference). The owner concerned for the health of his dog moved to the country and begins a new life, and there the story of the dog begins. He joins the pack of Lian -- a guard dog (reasons available). And uses his whit to solve issues and fight and ward off violent pack.

Here's an excerpt. Lemme know what you think.

Here's a fight scene​

There's humour but most of it right now is NSFW.
Mia, a border collie and a gentles of a creature, sniffed the newcomer’s butt and let the pleasant smell linger in her nostril as he twitched around.

I mean, this is SmutHub, and all kinds of degenerates are in here. But come on. Go outside, touch grass. At least make them shifters, and not actual dogs. That way, the smut can be done between humans. I hate to break it to you, but you need Jesus. And at least 8 hours of sleep per day.

MagicalPen

I mean, this is SmutHub, and all kinds of degenerates are in here. But come on. Go outside, touch grass. At least make them shifters, and not actual dogs. That way, the smut can be done between humans. I hate to break it to you, but you need Jesus. And at least 8 hours of sleep per day.
Typos are fine for now. That's a draft. No, they stay dogs. In a friends sense. No, werewolves or such. No, degeneracy in story. Told from dogs point of view, nothing more. barked at the towering intruder, is an example. Humans do not tower over each other, but to a dog that raise it's head, they do.

I agree with you. That the story needs spicing up. Just dogs is boring. Maybe fantasy element. Maybe reincarnation of the dogs as humans, and then awkward moment of remembering they used to lick their private parts. Or, realizing what their humans is saying and loving him more. Sweet and fun moment could develop. I should go that route definitely.
I hate to break it to you, but you need Jesus.
btw, jesus doesn't exist. bible was written over centuries and Jesus appear in no historical document unless you count bible as one. So, it's assured, he was just a fantasy. Son of God, died and came back to life three days later. Impossible!