Initial impressions on name & concept alone.

jtwrites

Hey gang,

So I'm curious about your predispositions on seeing a story called Redux Riding Hood. The story/title has some obvious framing related to the children's story of Little Red Riding Hood. What are your thoughts on seeing this story/title and finding out that it's an Action/Adventure with elements of Horror, Soft-SciFi, and Soft-Isekai?

Would you be curious? Would you be turned away by the ties to the children's story? I would genuinely like to hear initial assumptions and dispositions when you're presented with this small amount of information. Does it sound like something you would look further into? Or would you walk away immediately?

Thank you for taking the time to read/respond!

Happy reading,
JT

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
My thoughts upon finding out its genres would be, "Huh. Interesting."
I would not be curious
I would probably be turned away by its connection to a fairytale, yes
Yes, i would want to look further into it.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Just basing on what you've written I'd probably be somewhat interested, though I can't say much without seeing the cover and the synopsis.

As for the ties with the children's story... I guess it would detar me a bit? But that's probably because I generally really don't like this kind of stories. Seeing it's has elements of horror changes things a little, but that one connection suggests it will be a short, simple story, whereas I much prefer long ones that don't have typical to fairytales symbolic elements (I mean, tell me how many serious, long stories have you seen that revolve around a lost slipper, yeah?).

Last edited:

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
I read your synopsis.
If i had a lot of time to kill I would probably give it a chance. It comes off as a story that will be fun and meme-y. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Unfortunately, I am a bad writer and spend way too much time writing a single chapter.
Pop culture mash ups aren't something that i am interested in right now.

jtwrites

My thoughts upon finding out its genres would be, "Huh. Interesting."
I would not be curious
I would probably be turned away by its connection to a fairytale, yes
Yes, i would want to look further into it.
lol that's me on most things in general 🤣 Thanks for the feedback!
It's just another story. No. No. No. Probably.
haha yep. That's about what I imagine others think at first glance! Thanks for responding!
Just basing on what you've written I'd probably be somewhat interested, though I can't say much without seeing the cover and the synopsis.

As for the ties with the children's story... I guess it would detar me a bit? But that's probably because I generally really don't like this kind of stories. Seeing it's has elements of horror changes things a little, but that one connection suggests it will be a short, simple story, whereas I much prefer long ones that don't have typical to fairytales symbolic elements (I mean, tell me how many serious, long stories have you seen that revolve around a lost slipper, yeah?).
Of course! All of that makes sense and I'm setting it up to be a serious novel while wanting to circumvent the assumptions that it will be short or silly. So those are very good points. The story is actually about a very personal journey for the MC and she isn't the real Red Riding Hood. She just adopted the persona to maintain a personal connection with a lost loved one.

No part of the narrative portrays the journey as a light-hearted, whimsical, or fairytale-like, but it's getting past the initial "Oh it's just about Little Red Riding Hood," part that I'm wanting to overcome.

Thank you for the feedback!
I read your synopsis.
If i had a lot of time to kill I would probably give it a chance. It comes off as a story that will be fun and meme-y. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Unfortunately, I am a bad writer and spend way too much time writing a single chapter.
Pop culture mash ups aren't something that i am interested in right now.
Hey, no worries! I appreciate you taking a look! I can relate on the time crunch and having a particular palette for what you're wanting to aim your attention at. Thanks for the response!

Last edited:

Brandondee

The title is interesting and makes me curious about how it differs from the source material

jtwrites

The title is interesting and makes me curious about how it differs from the source material
That is a train of thought that I would hope potential readers would have!

The story deviates from the source material within the first two scenes. It leans heavily on the reader being familiar with the "Oh grandma, what big XYZ you have," because that's where you enter the story, but then it shifts gears, causing both Wolf and the reader to realize you're "not in Kansas anymore." 😄lol

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
rofl Let's hope this isn't a common thought when approaching my story. If it is, there are going to be some very alarmed readers 🤣:blob_whistle:

Thank you for sharing!

Last edited: