Inquiry regarding Shadow banning

Is there such a thing as shadow banning here? Some stories I read are still updating, but the statistics show their page views dramatically drop at certain point.
And I'm unable to find it through it's title or tags.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Shadow banning does exist but it's rare and usually not that problematic.

Succubiome

Are they translated novels? Cause that's just in policy to get shadowbanned IIRC.

Are they translated novels? Cause that's just in policy to get shadowbanned IIRC.
Yes it was. I'll let the translator know. What dumb policy. So long as the OG author gives the ok it shouldn't be banned.
P.S. How does one close a Thread?

Succubiome

Yes it was. I'll let the translator know. What dumb policy. So long as the OG author gives the ok it shouldn't be banned.
Yeah, I dunno, it's not something I actively support, though I haven't thought about deeply-- just something I've heard repeatedly about this site.

I don't know how to do that -- assuming there is a way -- but when I basically wanted to do that, I edited the title to put (Answered) or the like on the end.

SailusGebel

What dumb policy.
Bruh, it's a site for ORIGINAL novels.
Also you can still host your translation here, and if it's on NU(novelupdates) people from there will see it.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Sailus is right. If you want to search for translations then go to NU. That policy is absolute legitimate on a site for Originals.

Pretty sure translators would be awkward to be reported and crusaded as imposters and scammers.

And yes, there were pricks who stole, mtl’ed, and begged for donations for stolen Chinese books on SH.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You can report it and ask for it to be locked if you want to. Otherwise, just leave it be and it should stop getting replies soon anyways.
This is a site for original novels.

Tony allows translations to be hosted here because he also owns Scribblehub's sister site, Novelupdates, which exists specifically as a directory of translated novels.

Tony wanted a place to host original novels and he also wanted a place where translators could archive their works without fear of their site dying eventually if they didn't regularly pay for domain fees or whatever. Scribblehub was the answer to both issues, but it was still primarily aimed towards original works, so Tony hides all translations and lets them only be accessible through direct links.

You can report it and ask for it to be locked if you want to. Otherwise, just leave it be and it should stop getting replies soon anyways.

This is a site for original novels.

Tony allows translations to be hosted here because he also owns Scribblehub's sister site, Novelupdates, which exists specifically as a directory of translated novels.

Tony wanted a place to host original novels and he also wanted a place where translators could archive their works without fear of their site dying eventually if they didn't regularly pay for domain fees or whatever. Scribblehub was the answer to both issues, but it was still primarily aimed towards original works, so Tony hides all translations and lets them only be accessible through direct links.
I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info. 👌🏻