• Yes

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No, How could you say that?

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Idk, I haven't played both

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters

Lunaressence

Ok I recently played Genshin impact, through I only played for an hour only. So I was thinking why is Genshin so Similar to Zelda Breath of the wild? Even many game mechanics including items were Copied from Zelda, And are any other games that genshin has Copied from? If you also think that then please tell Which part do you consider Genshin has better Copied from Zelda?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Well, I finished Botw while Genshi was okay? I felt when they too much grindy stuff started. I hated that they placed husbandos in a try to get money way. And Botw had horses... I like horses more than paid for husbandos. Then again... I don't like to pay for my men. Can't wait for Botw2!:blob_aww:
TLDR: Original Botw is better while the reworked copy of a game is a waste of time.:blobspearpeek:

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
The better term would be "inspirated". Then again a lot of things look waay too similar...

Even so, the gameplay was different. And yeah, you got waifus and husbandos. That's the main difference.

Put it simpy....

Legend of zelda: Yellow dude in green.

Genshin: Colorful characters bundled in infamous, most awful, most detestable, pseudo gambling system ever known by humanity, THE GACHA SYSTEM.

That said, I never played both. I got no Switch to play Legend of Zelda : wind something. And my device is not good enough for Genshin Impact. Only got to know from youtube, heheh.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
No, it's not a copy.

Like, sure the gameplay may be similar, but... So what? You're gonna tell me that every turn-based RPG is a copy of Final Fantasy now? That's not how those things work. You don't simply pick one aspect of the game that is similar to the other and say that they're copies due to being similar in one aspect.

Genshin is a gacha with tons of characters for you to play with... Breath of the Wild is another Link game to the pile. They're different genres.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
No, it's not a copy.

Like, sure the gameplay may be similar, but... So what? You're gonna tell me that every turn-based RPG is a copy of Final Fantasy now? That's not how those things work. You don't simply pick one aspect of the game that is similar to the other and say that they're copies due to being similar in one aspect.

Genshin is a gacha with tons of characters for you to play with... Breath of the Wild is another Link game to the pile. They're different genres.
But, but paying for husbandos is unacceptable! :blobspearpeek:
Explain how they are both MCs are blond too!!!!! Conspiracy! Copy!:blob_happy: Colorful! Uh... Uh...
Ran out of C words that my sleepy mind can think of.:sweating_profusely:
Story-wise they differ, but the gameplay is just too similar. But I guess they don't have horses...:blob_teary:
I am sleepy... I should sleep.:blob_melt:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Story-wise they differ, but the gameplay is just too similar. But I guess they don't have horses...:blob_teary:
I get what you're saying, but I could say that every RPG Maker game out there have extremely similar gameplay to one another, yet they're definitely not copies of one another.

There is a reason you can't make a copyright claim based on gameplay alone... There's a limit to how much you can tweak the basic gameplay of a certain genre... >.>

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I hated that they placed husbandos in a try to get money way.
I always like when games COMMIT to a concept. If you're willing to add husbandos and trap twinks, add a fucking stud. Not just FF7 Barrett, I mean fucking Mr. Olympia roid-ridden muscle-bound STUD.

MARK MY WORDS, the day Mihoyo adds an Arnold Schwarzenegger lookalike will be the day I start playing Genshin

Lunaressence

I always like when games COMMIT to a concept. If you're willing to add husbandos and trap twinks, add a fucking stud. Not just FF7 Barrett, I mean fucking Mr. Olympia roid-ridden muscle-bound STUD.

MARK MY WORDS, the day Mihoyo adds an Arnold Schwarzenegger lookalike will be the day I start playing Genshin
You do stand up to your title, don't you?

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan has a question. Why the fuck do you have roads if everyone fucking walks on roofs as if they're fucking roads?