Is it against rules to have an alternative account?

Coffi

I became a bit curious about whether using an Alternative Account is against ScribbleHub's Rules or not. While I should be knowledgeable about the guidelines, given that I use it sometimes, it'd be nice to have some assurance. Some stories I feel might not fit the theme that an author is aiming for on their character.

On one account, an author might want to write normal, original stories. On the other, they might make the content different than what others may be used to on their primary account.

esThr

I mean as long as it's not for something like a ban bypass maybe?

but hey nothing is an offense as long as it's not caught *wink* (joke don't do bad bad)

greyliliy

I might be weird, but I feel like as long as you're tagging your stories appropriately, readers will be able to tell if they want to read it or not.

Well, I know I'm weird. I write everything under the same pen name whether it's horror or romance, whereas many authors make different pen names per different genres. XD;

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
I became a bit curious about whether using an Alternative Account is against ScribbleHub's Rules or not. While I should be knowledgeable about the guidelines, given that I use it sometimes, it'd be nice to have some assurance. Some stories I feel might not fit the theme that an author is aiming for on their character.

On one account, an author might want to write normal, original stories. On the other, they might make the content different than what others may be used to on their primary account.
I don’t think so, but it might be if you are are using alt accounts to untransparently promote a main account or to harass others while keeping your main account clean. I also believe if you are doing to it to ban evade it isn’t allowed, but that is obvious.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
if, for example, you want to separate your smut stories from your non-smut stories i dont think Tony would have a problem with that.

now, as @ElijahRyne pointed out, if an alt was being used to ban evade or to sockpuppet for promoting a main account or do decidedly impolite things then no, it wouldnt be okay.

all that said, when in doubt ask @Tony .

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I have different dummy accounts used to play around with certain areas of writing I haven't tried yet. I usually drop them after a few chapters.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
if, for example, you want to separate your smut stories from your non-smut stories i dont think Tony would have a problem with that.

now, as @ElijahRyne pointed out, if an alt was being used to ban evade or to sockpuppet for promoting a main account or do decidedly impolite things then no, it wouldnt be okay.

I think promoting with an alt can be okay, if you make sure to mention that the account you are promoting is your main account. Just don’t sockpuppet.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Thats some weird thinking, mate, i dunno. Why wpuld you be concerned about that? I have novels ranging from outright incest smut to isekai.
You say that as if this site has alive moderators.
I told @Tony He needed to make me a mod. Im here most days and have no qualms woth abusing the fuck outta my modly power to any who dare challenge our authority. But noooo. Im too "fucking sexy" and "giving you such power would just make everyone break the rules to try and get punished by Daddy Cupcake"

Also something about me being too unreliable or whatever

So_Indecisive

Primordial sin of Sloth
Thats some weird thinking, mate, i dunno. Why wpuld you be concerned about that? I have novels ranging from outright incest smut to isekai.

I told @Tony He needed to make me a mod. Im here most days and have no qualms woth abusing the fuck outta my modly power to any who dare challenge our authority. But noooo. Im too "fucking sexy" and "giving you such power would just make everyone break the rules to try and get punished by Daddy Cupcake"

Also something about me being too unreliable or whatever
Yeah he definitely didn't say that

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
You can do it, but the more stories you write, the better known you will get. That can earn you readers.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
empymag.jpg

Do this instead.

Also, didn't we talk about this already like twice?

I mean, some people have made this kind of thread with the same question.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I mean, some people have made this kind of thread with the same question.
just think of it like all the newbies who make threads asking "why hasnt my novel showed up yet?" even though the question has already been answered many times.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
just think of it like all the newbies who make threads asking "why hasnt my novel showed up yet?" even though the question has already been answered many times.
Do they even check the threads Corty made?

I'm surprised they don't.

Suczka

So long you don't use the alt to give yourself reviews and such it should be fine....
That is a good idea!
Why haven't I thought about it yet?

Will have to do that when I finally publish!