Is it just me or are there a lot of GL smut books floating around rn?

Santaisblue

I was just scrolling through recent releases and saw like 5 GL romance/smut books on the first page alone. I like girl on girl action as much as the next guy but it still feels like a lot and I was just wondering if anyone knew why there are so many of them.

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
It's a lot less now actually... I remember in 2020 you'd see at least four GL smut(half of them are also GB) whenever you looked at trending

Enkiari

I knew that there are a lot here for a while, I was just wondering why there are so many on this site compared to other sites I've been on.
You don't notice it on RR, as there is no tag for it. There is still a lot. If the MC is female, there is a good chance the story has GL elements in it.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I knew that there are a lot here for a while, I was just wondering why there are so many on this site compared to other sites I've been on.
Because the mods here are alot cooler.

And also Wattpad is for BL and Royalroad is for LitRPG.

The writers here made the identity of ScribbleHub to be Girl Love

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I'm not doing another test run. :sweating_profusely:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I was just scrolling through recent releases and saw like 5 GL romance/smut books on the first page alone. I like girl on girl action as much as the next guy but it still feels like a lot and I was just wondering if anyone knew why there are so many of them.
GL = sells

Smut = sells

GL + smut= 2xsells

It is not hard to understand. Just business.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Hard to argue with that.
In the current case, it is probably just a coincidence, exceeding the usual accumulation. But both genres were always fairly popular, with many GL on the lighter side of smut without the tag proper. So ...

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
Cause lots of people like it, rightfully so.
It's justice, in the form of novels.
Totally not biased at all.

Tsuru

Robot

I got a sarcastic question for you
(no i am NOT angry nor mocking you but angry against situations out there, just think of this post as a joke =p)

Did you check novelupdates latest updates pages ?
70% of updates are for yaoi.
And yuri is quite low.

Though its been BUNCH OF YEARS since i last checked so i can be wrong. But when i rechecked the situation worsened even more :ROFLMAO:
GL = sells

Smut = sells

GL + smut= 2xsells

It is not hard to understand. Just business.
But yes. That.
Btw. For the most obvious proof that smut is a ez shortcut.

Use detailed search function for smut.
You will find "Slave harem"
being quite high ranked.
So high ranked, because beside being early old series on SH. It was early work smut.

ps : Do know the author was a fking d-h against its commenters ?
Acting like a arrogant onlyfans-rich person ? (not sure if OF existed yet at that time lol)
Comments deleted but he despised "free readers" and was angry against people that pointed out typos
and arrogant against comments that were unhappy with the plot where MC acted BETA (i think was 2nd slave buy arc)

I can understand being unhappy to being an unpaid author. But nonetheless it was d move to angry rebuke "typo pointing" with reasons like "its pdf format blablabla its annoying to correct it" + "you are free readers and not the paid-readers from my VIP website"

Last edited: