Is it just me or does anyone feel the same i get annoyed seeing an author drop their Novels each with 1-3chapters. And seeing them having 5-11 of it

Dearest_Violet

It's even worse when you're reading a translated novel and the translation stops, so you check out the native webnovel and see they are hundreds of chapters ahead of you.

You then search on the internet hoping someone somewhere has it transcribed into somewhat readable English but all you find is machine translated slop.

Oh the misery.

Yorth

Swordman
It's even worse when you're reading a translated novel and the translation stops, so you check out the native webnovel and see they are hundreds of chapters ahead of you.

You then search on the internet hoping someone somewhere has it transcribed into somewhat readable English but all you find is machine translated slop.

Oh the misery.
Me with doomsday lord... I refuse to go read the MTL!

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
It's annoying when they stop abruptly and didn't deliver any continuation.

The problem can be solved by writing one-shot only, or write open ending that conclude every chapter by itself. Those kidn of stories force author to write proper conclusion.

***​

Many author ovestimate how long they can kept making chapter, even after calculating their free time. Most people don't realize they're bad at math, nor do they expect huge writer-block when writing more complex parts of the story.

Writing by flow isn't making it easier. At the start of writing, writing by flow is easy as they won't have to stick to anything, just write as they wish.

Later on, they would start wishing that they already had a outline/draft for their writing instead of wasting time trying to fix the story right now, as the story suddenly have huge storytelling flaws, such as : overarching plot holes, bad delivery, and unexplained void.

And many also forget to write down the basic idea of their story only end up questioning and thinking deeply about the point of the story later on when the story start to look out of place and become cliched unrecognizable mess that's better left on Hiatus or just Abandon & Start rewrite already.
Hey, pantsing is not all that bad. As long as you make an outline as you go. Like notes, after each chapter. But I do agree that one has to have an outline. I just don't agree that, if you are a pantser, you have to write it before you write the chapter. As someone who has completed more than 30 original books, and some fanfictions before that, I have to say that us pantsers can complete a book, without it ending up in the hiatus bin.

Not that I haven't dropped stuff, but I did remove them from the site. Or left them to rot on my hard drive, without them seeing the light of day. But mostly, I complete what I start. Like a true pantser.

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
I sympathize with them, whenever I feel like dropping one, be it lack of reader or depression, I usually switch gears and focus on another story for a while... which is probably why I have 2 stories in the works and a third.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I dropped what you wrote into ChatGPT. It replied.
It's understandable to feel annoyed when you come across authors who release their novels with only 1-3 chapters each and have multiple installments. It can be frustrating to get invested in a story only to have to wait for more chapters to be released, especially if the author is prone to comparing themselves to others and expressing negative emotions publicly. However, it's important to remember that writing is a challenging and personal pursuit, and everyone has their own journey and pace. Instead of getting frustrated, you could try to focus on finding authors who release complete or near-complete works, or simply exercise patience and wait for more chapters to be released before diving into a story.

Neosquall20022000

A lot of authors are teenagers who were just readers and had an idea for a story. It takes a certain level of commitment and maturity to stick with a story to the end. Plus, there are all kinds of circumstances that would make an author drop a novel. Work, study, health, no longer know what the fuck to write, etc...
Agreed. There are so many variables as to why an author gives up on their story, often due to other life commitments and not having enough time to dedicate to a hobby. Then there's the feeling of not making significant progress, such as not being able to grow a community and getting discouraged.

I feel like unpaid authors that stick around for longer than a few years are exceptions, not the norm.

Being an author is a difficult journey, which is why it's good to have empathy for one another.
I sympathize with them, whenever I feel like dropping one, be it lack of reader or depression, I usually switch gears and focus on another story for a while... which is probably why I have 2 stories in the works and a third.
I've dealt with this, having numerous stories I may return to but exist in limbo for now. Now, I'm just focusing on my main story, even if it doesn't get much traction.

Writing is a difficult life path and is not meant for everyone. 😢