Is it just mine or webnovel is now not newbie friendly anymore?

sm_yesa

I posted my novel around 2021 or 2022 on webnovel before despite it's flaw and mess up plot since I'm a pantser back then I still got readers and someone to talk to me about it and even help me before but now I've reposted the same story and it was worse than before. Maybe it's webnovel thing to prioritize business books or people are now working unlike those quarantine times. What about you guys. Do you have book there?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313-185900~2.png
    Screenshot_20240313-185900~2.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20240313-185907~2.png
    Screenshot_20240313-185907~2.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 37
D

Deleted member 156229

Sequels usually have lower engagement than the original. It's not a rule, but is the most common case

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
It was not really newbie friendly to begin with.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
It's just your readers getting uninterested with the sequel.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
I posted my novel around 2021 or 2022 on webnovel before despite it's flaw and mess up plot since I'm a pantser back then I still got readers and someone to talk to me about it and even help me before but now I've reposted the same story and it was worse than before. Maybe it's webnovel thing to prioritize business books or people are now working unlike those quarantine times. What about you guys. Do you have book there?
Webnovel has and will always be an awful site for webnovels

sm_yesa

What PaulT said.
I was active on their forum before I was here, but then it got bomb by a bot. when I go to the forum now there are not much buddy to talk anymore.
Maybe they are finally getting rid of fake views. :blob_hmm_two:
It's still working, when you tap your book and refresh you will see views adding, 4-100 views randomly but I'm referring to active people who engage with my book before, they are now gone.

SailusGebel

I was active on their forum before I was here, but then it got bomb by a bot. when I go to the forum now there are not much buddy to talk anymore.
I don't know about WN forums, I only know about views and promotion of new works.

sm_yesa

Webnovel has and will always be an awful site for webnovels
Yes they also just sent you contract without even reading your book like what the hell, they focus on views.. for their money's sake. I guess

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
Yes they also just sent you contract without even reading your book like what the hell, they focus on views.. for their money's sake. I guess
It's business after all. Just boycott it and never touch that site. Imagine locking chapters for money, how despicable can one be?

sm_yesa

I don't know about WN forums, I only know about views and promotion of new works.
It's because their forum is not really good, it's only full of swap reviews, bot and unrelated topics, now it's worse than before that's why people wouldn't recommend to go there.
It's business after all. Just boycott it and never touch that site. Imagine locking chapters for money, how despicable can one be?
Yeah they lock chapters and even the gifts there if remember is split up. Like woah, that's money flowing into their bank with the hard work of fellow writers.😬