Writing Is it okay to make a Xianxia-styled novel with all main characters name English ?

Queenfisher

Bird?
Will it have an Arrogant Young Royal with a tiny (2m) bear pet?
:blob_hmm::blob_hmm::blob_hmm:

Yes, an Arrogant Young Prince who will insult my brave Cultivators and then pay for it with a --

:blob_aww:

That said -- shouldn't we return this to the OP somehow?

My point would be -- I want to write a "xianxia" with Russian Lycee students instead of Sect Cultivators. And with pistols and ballrooms and steamtrains and stuff instead of the usual xianxia inventory fair. The cultivation system will stay in place as well as the Sect division and ~Daoism path, only adjusted slightly to the folklore of the culture in question (it's just philosophy and philosophies can be translated in between cultures). Tbh, I see nothing weird about doing such cultural fusion because the generic Epic Western Fantasy had been grafted onto other cultures pretty efficiently (Eastern ones in particular), so I think -- in theory -- the same can be done the other way around, too... :blob_hmm_two:

^^

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker
|.o)
Have you been looking at my story?
|.=)

X
Do you have bears in there?

:0

Yes, an Arrogant Young Prince who will insult my brave Cultivators and then pay for it with a --

This Ranter Remembers, there are some wuxia/xuanxuan with guns running loose on the web. They were quite interesting and fresh.

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
Do you have bears in there?

:0

This Ranter Remembers, there are some wuxia/xuanxuan with guns running loose on the web. They were quite interesting and fresh.
everytime you say "the ranter remembers" I can't help but repeating those "Pepperidge Farm remembers" commercials in the back of my mind. Its amusing as hell now because I'm remembering some of the parodies from Family Guy!!!

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker
everytime you say "the ranter remembers" I can't help but repeating those "Pepperidge Farm remembers" commercials in the back of my mind. Its amusing as hell now because I'm remembering some of the parodies from Family Guy!!!
T-This One Ranter is not grandpa-old!
\(>.<)/
It is but the echoes of an ancient Lurker from another realm!
\(*o*)/