Isekai Sucks

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
But wait, konosuba's author is closet pedo?
not entirely sure if the Konosuba author is a closet pedo

Loli is a cliché in Japan and in emulations of Japanese works. Especially in the case of Konosuba, I'd be wary of labeling an author a pedo just because they invoke the trope. It's sort of a deconstruction, after all.

Especially 'closet' pedo. That literally means no proof. But an accusation like that could seriously damage someone's reputation. As authors, both of you are at risk of this as well.

Marunikyu

Most excellent anti-Marxist smut writer
Pulled your ip, see you in 45 minutes
Truck-kun in the chat

On a serious note, Isekai is the crystallization of a mix of true adventure (another world, can't get farther than that) and wish fulfilment (endless possibilities). Imagine the thousands of years of storytelling, all to come to Isekai.
Isekai is in said ways the ultimate genre. Obviously Isekai can't do everything perfectly either since it detaches the reader from the real world. It's the ultimate entertainment.

I don't actually follow the isekai "genre" much, but I do love the base concept of a character getting yeeted into another universe to have adventures.

One thing I've made attempts at is writing a story where the character who gets isekai'd isn't the viewpoint protagonist, to show off the perspective of people affected by their journey. So far, I've only gotten one to a publishable state but the idea is enthralling.

Last edited:

AnUnknownMan

Most isekai are actually fanfics about better isekai. The concept grabs and holds, but no-one ever finishes so the reader start to write only to realize that no ending satisfies, leaving a worse and even more incomplete version of what was already written.
That said, the reason it grabs and holds is the power of the transfer as a plot device. Instant protag, backstory optional, familiar perspective, unfamiliar world. Stories that can keep that momentum are killer, but number in the double digits out of 7+ digits of fanfics about them.